Click here for details
||Police Bulletins/ORCW Fan-outs
The Olds Rural Crime Watch Fan Out system updates on local issues on our website, by e-mail, plus phone alerts are available for those without email. When the RCMP want to communicate with the entire membership, or a specific area, the message is verbally, and digitally entered in the computer and the dialer automatically dials all the phone numbers within the specified area. The System will redial all busy or unanswered calls three times. It is capable of leaving a message on voice mail and answering machines. Average length of recorded messages is 30 seconds.
Messages are usually sent between the hours of 8 am and 9:30 pm, any day of the week. If there is an urgent message, it may come at any hour.
Please check back regularly as updates are posted as soon as they come in.
POSTED AUGUST 28, 2018
- GRIZZLY SIGHTING - On August 27, 2018 a Grizzly Bear was sighted in a field near Range Road 23 and the Carstairs Blind Line. The witness was provided with the phone number for Fish and Wildlife, however this memo is simply to serve as a public safety notice for residents in the area. Should you have any questions, please contact the Didsbury RCMP at 403-335-3382.
POSTED JULY 11, 2018
- FUEL THEFT - On June 30th, 2018, at approximately 08:30 AM, a resident on Range Road 43 and Township 335 (near Eagle Hill) scared off a Maroon coloured Dodge Ram who was stealing fuel from his tanks down his driveway. The truck sped off going West on Township 334 where it was captured on a residence security camera. A photo of the truck has been attached. No description of the occupants are available. If you can help, please contact Cst. D.J-G.Poirier, Sundre RCMP, 403-638-3675.
POSTED APRIL 23, 2018
- MARK YOUR CALENDARS - Olds Rural Crime Watch will be participating at the Cremona Farm and Rural Security Trade Show, Saturday, April 28 from 10 to 4 at the Cremona Community Hall. If you can help man the booth, please call Judy at 403-507-5647. And the Crime Prevention Trade Show is set for Saturday, May 26 at the Olds Legion from 10 to 2. Please let Judy know if you are willing to help with planning or at this event.
POSTED APRIL 23, 2018
- STAY VIGILANT - As reported by the Falun/Hillside/Rosebriar RCW - Several B&Es and Suspicious Person(s)/Vehicle
reports in this region. The purpose of this message is to make Alberta residents aware of potential suspicious activity. Please be aware of your surroundings and report suspicious vehicles and or people immediately. RCMP General Complaint Line 780-312-7267.
POSTED APRIL 16, 2018
- LETTERS FROM ARPCWA - APRCWA would like to bring two letters to our members' attention:
POSTED APRIL 14, 2018
- TOWN HALL MEETING - Just to let you know of an upcoming town hall meeting, hosted by MP Earl Dreeshen, regarding rural crime, justice, marijuana, mental health and other issues. Thursday April 19th from 7-9 pm at the Bowden Community Centre, 2101 - 27th Avenue.
POSTED APRIL 4, 2018
- ZONE 2 MEETING APRIL 14 - We have the Provincial Zone 2 meeting coming up really fast now - Saturday, April 14 at the Mountain View County Office, south of Olds on Hwy 2A and Bergen Road. Cost will be $20 for food. We are hoping Cochrane RCW will demo their phone APP. This is a great opportunity to talk with other associations to see what's happening around the province. Please RSVP, to Judy for food , 403-507-5647.
POSTED MARCH 19, 2018
- FRIENDLY REMINDER - Just a reminder to reserve your spot at our upcoming supper and Annual General Meeting, Wednesday, March 28, 2018 at 6 pm at the Olds Regional Exhibition - Cow Palace. Constable Kevin Lintott, Investigator, Red Deer RCMP, will share his expertise on what we need to know about the current drugs causing so many problems. There is no charge for this event, but we do require an RSVP to get numbers for catering. Please call Judy at 403-507-5647, by Friday March 23! Or e-mail email@example.com. Please let a member of the executive know if you would be willing to let your name stand for an executive position. Thank you to those who have already registered.
POSTED FEBRUARY 15, 2018
- FRIENDLY REMINDERS - On February 20th, 2018 the Conservative Association is sponsoring Beef on a Bun with Kodiak Catering at 5:30 pm. This is in conjunction with the Rural Crime Town Hall Meeting sponsored by our MP Earl Dreeshen at the Eagle Hill Hall. Another reminder that the Olds/Didsbury/Sundre Annual General membership meeting is Wednesday, March 28, 2018 at 6 pm. This will be a supper meeting and location is yet to be determined but MARK YOUR CALENDAR PLEASE. R.S.V.P notices will be sent out mid March.
POSTED DECEMBER 29, 2017
- SUSPICIOUS VEHICLE NEAR SUNDRE - Sundre RCMP are looking for a suspicious vehicle by River Road.
- Older Model Chev Blazer, Maroon in Colour.
- No Plate Obtained
- One headlight burnt out
- 1 male, 1 female mid 20s
- Vehicle was parked in front of a locked gate at a rural property
- River Road area NE of Sundre
- Suspects seen walking on the property
- Neighbour questioned the suspects about why they were there - Gave conflicting stories
- Suspects then left in their vehicle
- Suspects not located by police
If seen, do not confront, obtain as much information as possible including a Plate number and report immediately to the Sundre RCMP. 403-638-3655.
POSTED DECEMBER 11, 2017
- RURAL CRIME AWARENESS MEETING - There is a Rural Crime Awareness Discussion meeting hosted by a local MP, Monday, December 18 from 7 - 9 pm, at the Caroline Community Hub. You are encouraged to attend to discuss recent criminal activity in the area and work together towards solving rural crime issues. More information is on our homepage under "Upcoming Events". If you have information about any incidents, or suspicious activity, please call 403-556-3323 right away, so an officer can be dispatched. These tips have resulted in several individuals being apprehended, so keep them coming. You can also contact Crime Stoppers. Thank you for your support of rural crime watch.
POSTED NOVEMBER 2, 2017
- STOLEN TRUCK - 2 MALE SUSPECTS AT LARGE - 2010 Dodge Ram 3500, Light Brown, Licence BBC-0655. Stolen from a farm property west of Sundre near Secondary Hwy 584. Vehicle fled the scene heading east on Secondary 584 toward Sundre and has not been located yet. RCMP members and RCMP Police Dog Service members are continuing their efforts to locate the vehicle and suspects. If you have any information on this incident and stolen vehicle, please report it or any suspicious persons or activity to the Sundre RCMP at 403-638-3655 or call 9-1-1.
POSTED SEPTEMBER 24, 2017
- BLUE TAPE IN DITCH - From Raven Crime Watch Society via the Central Alberta Stolen Vehicles and Property Theft page out of Red Deer: Keep your eyes open for a blue pickup putting shiny tape in the ditch. If you see this tape, pick it up. This is used to mark places to steal from. If you see this truck take pics and post it!
POSTED SEPTEMBER 8, 2017
- PICK UP YOUR MAIL - A rural crime member is reporting that on her way to the golf course, she noticed that the 3 mailboxes, - one, hers, at the end of the lane were open, so stopped to shut them. Enroute west on Township Road 310, the Westcott Road, she noticed that every mailbox had its door wide open. Can only assume that someone was driving along checking each mailbox to see if there was any mail left in them from the day before. Unfortunately, she had not collected mail on Wednesday, so not sure what may have been in the box. So, a reminder to collect mail early afternoon EVERY day. Thought this was worth reporting in case a pile of mail is found, and to serve as a reminder for anyone with a mailbox to try to collect their mail as soon after it is delivered as possible.
If you have information about any incidents or suspicious activity , please call 403-556-3323 right away, so an officer can be dispatched. These tips have resulted in several individuals being apprehended, so keep them coming. You can also contact Crime Stoppers.
AND, we are still needing volunteers for security at the rodeo in Olds, September 15 and 16. Please call or text Judy at 403-507-5647 if you can help.
POSTED AUGUST 29, 2017
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED - The Rural Crime Watch Association has an opportunity to participate in SPOG Day on Friday, September 15, 2017. We need volunteers to man 2 tables in 2 different buildings. If you can help, please contact Judy at 403-507-5647 or Gerald at 403-638-6908 with times you can work. And, thieves are still very busy in Central Alberta. There are several reports posted on our website.
POSTED AUGUST 27, 2017
- BREAK & ENTER AT CARSTAIRS TOWN YARD - At approximately 2:30 a.m. on August 22, 2017, the Carstairs Town yard was broken into. The suspects stole a 2014 tandem dump trailer and a 2009 John Deere front end loader. The suspect vehicles are as follows:
Pictures from the security cameras on site of the above vehicles, and one male of interest, are posted on our website. If you have information about this investigation, please call the Didsbury RCMP at 403-335-3382 or call your local police detachment. If you want to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers by phone at 1-800-222-8477.
- 2014 to 2017 Dodge Ram blackout Edition Crew cab Diesel, either 2500 or 3500 with a tonneau cover in the back
- Possibly a 2016 Mercedes Benz sedan.
POSTED AUGUST 4, 2017
- SUMMER UPDATE - It's been a great summer so far but the thieves are still very busy in Central Alberta. There are several reports posted on our website. Some quotes from RCMP sources include:
If you have information about any incidents or suspicious activity , please call 403-556-3323 right away, so an officer can be dispatched. These tips have resulted in several individuals being apprehended, so keep them coming. You can also contact Crime Stoppers. Even the small things help. Thank you, for your support of rural crime watch.
- Policing is successful when citizens take ownership, by doing things like calling in suspicious people, vehicles or activities.
- RCMP were able to apprehend individuals involved in crimes in progress, that were reported by citizens, including frauds, the recovery of several stolen vehicles, and a break and enter in progress. RCMP appreciate the continued engagement of citizens, and their commitment to working with police to prevent crime and arrest those responsible.
POSTED JULY 4, 2017
- STOLEN TRUCK - Please be on the look out for a black Ford 350, license plate number BPZ 5715. Vehicle is stolen and has been reported to RCMP. Truck was last seen on Range Road 33, west of Glennifer Lake, at approximately 09:20 am this morning, Sunday. Two people in truck and were using the excuse of "looking for a friend". [Fred Grono, Vice President, Raven CWS]
POSTED JUNE 28, 2017
- ARRESTS MADE RE SADDLE THEFTS - Good news! On June 24th, 2017 RCMP Innisfail was contacted by the RCMP livestock section who reported that there may be stolen property being sold by two individuals at the Innisfail Auction Mart. Innisfail RCMP and other agencies were able to identify and arrest a male and a female suspect. Approximately $19,000 in saddles that had been stolen from a ranch near Okotoks were recovered and returned to the owner, who was happy to have them back. More information on the charges here.
Also, a reminder to mark your calendar for Wednesday, July 26 for our next meeting. It will start at 6 pm with a potluck supper at the Mountain View County Office.
And, check your vehicle license plate registration renewal, AND your driver's license. The province is no longer sending out reminders and it is your responsibility to ensure you renew them on time!
POSTED MAY 23, 2017
- CRIME PREVENTION TRADE SHOW MAY 27 - Just a reminder of our Family Crime Prevention Trade Show Saturday, May 27th from 10 am to 2 pm at the Olds Legion. Lots to see and do. Silent Auction. Free Bike Draw and accessories for the kids, thanks to Olds Home Hardware and Canadian Tire, and free ice cream coupon for the kids thanks to Olds Dairy Queen. Special presentation on scams by the Better Business Bureau at 10 am. Information on drugs and what to look for, Electrical safety display and much much more. Come and check it out!
POSTED MAY 16, 2017
- OPERATING ALL OVER THE PROVINCE - Stettler RCMP would like to remind those living in rural areas of a scam commonly known as 'Gypsy Pavers'. Typically, a contractor will attend a residence in the rural area telling the property owner that their paving company has extra material from another job and would be willing to pave on the property for a discount.
The work is completed but to a poor standard that doesn't last as expected. When the property owner attempts to confront the company or get their money back, they are unable to track the company rep down.
RCMP urges rural property owners to use discretion in dealing with unknown contractor's offering 'deals'. Seek out references and previous clientele to ensure you're dealing with an upstanding company/contractor.
POSTED MAY 12, 2017
- FARMERS - WATCH YOUR VEHICLES! - It's that time of year again where our members are busy with seeding. But, just a reminder, please don't leave your vehicles near the road, especially with the keys in them. I know it's a pain but one of our local members east of Olds had their vehicle stolen, a 2004 Chevy 2500 Duramax with slip tank, during the time it took him to do a round in the field. Also, when possible, please take your machinery in the yard at night.
If you have any information on this crime or see anything suspicious, please contact your local RCMP detachment.
And, remember our Family Crime Prevention Trade Show - Saturday, May 27 from 10 am to 2 pm at the Olds Legion. Information will be on our website.
POSTED APRIL 3, 2017
- HELP NEEDED FROM THE PUBLIC - Red Deer Rural RCMP is investigating the theft of a Ford super duty truck from gasoline alley. (See below)
Rimbey RCMP are investigating the attempted theft of a vehicle from a rural residence. Pictures of the suspects are on our website.
Although these incidents are not in our immediate area, we know these criminals are travelling into our area. If you have information on any crime or suspicious vehicle or person, please call the complaint line at 403-556-3323. Should you wish to remain anonymous, you may contact Crime Stoppers by phone at 1-800-222-8477 or, by internet at www.tipsubmit.com. You do not have to reveal your identity, and if you provide information to Crime Stoppers that leads to an arrest, the recovery of stolen property, and/or a seizure of illicit drugs, you may be eligible for a cash reward.
POSTED APRIL 3, 2017
- STOLEN TRUCK - Please be on the lookout for the following stolen truck, stolen from a property in Gasoline Alley on April 1st, 2017: 2006 White Ford Super duty truck - Alberta plate of ZRU-895. If you spot it, please do not approach or take up chase. Call 911 or the Blackfalds RCMP complaint line (403)885-3333. Thanks for being our eyes and ears out there.
POSTED MARCH 27, 2017
- RESIDENTIAL BREAK & ENTER - Sundre RCMP are seeking any information with regards to a break and enter to a residence which resulted in the theft of firearms and other property. The incident occurred on March 3rd between 9:00AM and 7:00PM at a rural property West of Sundre on Township 3 3 2 and Range Road 73 in the Bearberry area. Tire impressions indicate a dually truck drove onto the property. One set of foot impressions in fresh snow showed the suspect checked numerous outbuildings before breaking the glass on the front door to gain access to the main residence. Approximately $14,000 in jewellery and 10 firearms, which included a revolver, were stolen. The thief used a golf bag from the home to carry out the firearms from the residence. The homeowner reported seeing a suspicious late model white Dodge dually pickup drive onto the property approximately three weeks prior to this incident. A neighbour made a complaint the same day of a suspicious older white Jeep Cherokee with black wheel wells cruising the neighbourhood with two male occupants. Anyone with information on the crime is asked to contact the Sundre RCMP detachment at 403-638-3675. You can also call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS. All information will be kept confidential. Crime Stoppers may pay a reward for information that leads to an arrest, recovery of stolen property, seizure of illegal drugs and the location of wanted persons.
POSTED MARCH 20, 2017
- STOLEN DEALERSHIP CARS - On March 7, 2017, Sundre RCMP received a call from the owner of Patkar Auto Sales. The owner reported that the Patkar office had been broken into and vehicle keys, a dealer plate and several of his vehicles that were for sale in his lot had been stolen. Throughout the day, the Sundre Detachment received several calls from citizens of abandoned vehicles in and around Sundre which were vehicles stolen from the Patkar lot and a total of five of the seven vehicles stolen were recovered that same day. Another complaint received by police of a couple of vehicles driving suspiciously in their lot and a male being witnessed exiting one of the vehicles and appeared to be checking vehicle doors. A review of Best Western's CCTV footage confirmed that two of the vehicles captured on the footage were ones stolen from Patkar.
On March 11th, a sixth vehicle was recovered in Calgary by the Calgary Police Service. A licence plate that had been stolen from a Best Western employee's vehicle was recovered with the vehicle. There is still one vehicle unaccounted for which is an unregistered black 2014 GMC Sierra pick up truck. Evidence recovered at the initial scene is still being evaluated but there are no suspects of the thefts at this time. Anyone with information on the crime is asked to contact the Sundre RCMP detachment at 403.638.3675. You can also call Crime Stoppers at 1.800.222.TIPS. All information will be kept confidential. Crime Stoppers may pay a reward for information that leads to an arrest, recovery of stolen property, seizure of illegal drugs and the location of wanted persons.
POSTED MARCH 11, 2017
- STOLEN TIRES - Just in case someone comes selling used tires, be aware that Treadpro in Olds was hit again by thieves last weekend. Used tires that could have writing on them were stolen and the place trashed. If you have information about any incidents or suspicious activity, please call 403-556-3323 right away, so an officer can be dispatched. These tips have resulted in several individuals being apprehended, so keep them coming.
POSTED MARCH 5, 2017
- COPPER WIRE/VEHICLE REPORTING - At the end of February, Didsbury RCMP reported theft of copper wire from a business and a Break and Enter at Camp Evergreen. They also thank residents in the Cremona area for reporting a suspicious vehicle in their yard early in the morning. That investigation is ongoing but the RCMP have had successes in apprehending culprits due to public tips.
POSTED MARCH 5, 2017
- STOLEN TRUCKS RETURNED - Red Deer RCMP returned two stolen trucks to their owner after locating them in a rental garage in the Mountview neighbourhood.
Red Deer RCMP entered the detached rental garage the afternoon of February 25 and discovered two 2016 Dodge Durangos, the trucks had been stolen on February 23 out of Red Deer. RCMP continue to investigate to determine the identity of the woman who rented the garage, she rented the space through an online ad, and paid cash up front for the first month's rental.
It's not uncommon for criminals to look for short-term storage space where they can stash stolen property before they re-sell it, and often they look for space where the owner doesn't live on the property and won't notice suspicious activity. RCMP advise property owners to protect themselves from accidentally getting involved with criminals by asking questions about prospective tenants, and requiring multiple pieces of photo identification and proof of the contact information strangers are providing.
At the end of February, Didsbury RCMP reported theft of copper wire from a business and a Break and Enter at Camp Evergreen. They also thank residents in the Cremona area for reporting a suspicious vehicle in their yard early in the morning. That investigation is ongoing but the RCMP have had successes in apprehending culprits due to public tips.
POSTED FEBRUARY 1, 2017
- STOLEN QUAD, ATTEMPTED BREAK-INS - Some info shared by a fellow Rural Crime Watch member. On Range Road 15, a quad was stolen and later ditched to the north of the residence. Farther up the road, another neighbour had someone walking around testing doors and locks. The mailbox on Range Road 15 was broken into and mail stolen. And on township 33.2 and Range Road 13, there were people walking around testing locks.
This is just another reminder to keep things locked up and keys removed from vehicles, and to look out for your neighbours and who is coming and going from their places too.
If you have information about these incidents, please call your local RCMP Detachment. Should you wish to remain anonymous, you may contact Crime Stoppers by phone at 1-800-222-8477 or, by internet at www.tipsubmit.com. You do not have to reveal your identity and if you provide information to Crime Stoppers that leads to an arrest(s), the recovery of stolen property, and/or a seizure of illicit drugs, you may be eligible for a cash reward.
POSTED JANUARY 19, 2017
- THEFT OF FIREARMS - As reported to the Falun/Hillside/Rosebriar RCMP - Break and enter to residence on January 16th. Entry gained to firearm safe. Missing several guns. Also missing from residence four silver bullion bars, no suspects no witnesses. The purpose of this message is to make residents aware of potential suspicious activity in their area. Please be aware of your surroundings and report suspicious vehicles and or people. RCMP General Complaint Line 780-312-7267. NOTE: We include fanouts from this region to our readers as we are all finding crimes being committed by people who live 100 to 200 miles away.
POSTED JANUARY 17, 2017
- STOLEN SIDE-BY-SIDE FROM SUNDRE - At approximately 1 am on Thursday January 9, 2017, a red Arctic Cat Prowler 1000 side by side on tracks and with an attached snow blade on a black single axle trailer that has removable plywood sides was stolen from in front of a residence on 4 Street and 3 Avenue SW in Sundre. CCTV footage from a nearby hotel showed that the thieves were using a white crew cab pick up truck when they departed the area. The Alberta licence plate on the side by side is EUA53 and the trailer plate 4SE001. If you have any information, please call the Sundre detachment at 403-638-3675. You may also contact Crime Stoppers by phone at 1-800-222-8477 or, by internet at www.tipsubmit.com. Photo here
POSTED JANUARY 16, 2017
- SADDLE & OTHER THEFTS IN SUNDRE - The Sundre RCMP are seeking the public's assistance in finding and apprehending individuals involved in a rural break and enter on December 1, 2016 on Range Road 42 and Township 324. Several antique items were stolen from the property including as well as two saddles. One of the saddles is particularly unique. It is an Ocean Front Saddling custom made women's all-around saddle, dark brown in colour and has Ocean Front Saddling stamped on the saddle. The saddle has leather under-skirting and twisted stirrup leathers, basket weave stamping on skirt and fenders and stamped with the serial number 89. If you have information about this investigation, please call Sundre RCMP Detachment at 403-638-3675. Should you wish to remain anonymous, you may contact Crime Stoppers by phone at 1-800-222-8477 or, by internet at www.tipsubmit.com. Photo here
POSTED JANUARY 13, 2017
- FALUN/HILLSIDE/ROSEBRIAR FANOUT - Suspicious Person/Vehicle and Break and Enters on January 11th from this region of the province. Details here. NOTE: We include fanouts from this region to our readers as we are all finding crimes being committed by people who live 100 to 200 miles away.
POSTED JANUARY 13, 2017
- FALUN/HILLSIDE/ROSEBRIAR FANOUT - Thefts from December 31, 2016 to January 4, 2017 from this region of the province. Details here. NOTE: We include fanouts from this region to our readers as we are all finding crimes being committed by people who live 100 to 200 miles away.
POSTED DECEMBER 31, 2016
- GUNPOINT ROBBERY AT SUNDRE MOTOR INN - At approximately 11:30 am on December 31, 2016, RCMP Sundre received a report that the Sundre Motor Inn located at 101 3 Street SW in Sundre, AB had been robbed at gun point. Inn staff reported that two males entered the premises and demanded money with a third person waiting in a dark coloured SUV outside. Although the staff was shaken up by the event, there were no reports that anyone was physically hurt in the heist. The thieves made off with several thousand dollars. The suspects are both described as male. They were wearing dark blue snow suits with hoods and they had their faces covered possibly with bandanas. The males spoke English with no accents. The suspect vehicle was seen heading east on Hwy 27 towards Olds. Anyone with information on the crime is asked to contact the Sundre RCMP detachment at 403-638-3675. You can also call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477). All information will be kept confidential. Crime Stoppers may pay a reward for information that leads to an arrest, recovery of stolen property, seizure of illegal drugs and the location of wanted persons.
POSTED DECEMBER 28, 2016
- FANOUT FROM PONOKA VIA FACEBOOK - Ponoka RCMP are hoping the public can assist in identifying these suspects in a rural residential break and enter along Township 420 near Ponoka on Dec. 22. If you have information, call police or contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or by internet at www.tipsubmit.com.
POSTED DECEMBER 24, 2016
- SUSPICIOUS VEHICLE IN SPRUCE VIEW AREA - Didsbury RCMP are seeking public assistance with identifying a vehicle that was involved in a daytime Break and Enter to a rural property. On Dec. 22, 2016, Didsbury RCMP responded to a complaint of a break and enter on Township Road 302 and Range Road 54. The homeowner came home at 5:00 p.m. to find that his house had been broken into and numerous personal items had been stolen. The incident happened between 1:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. Though investigation RCMP believe that the suspect vehicle is a smaller truck or an SUV type vehicle with larger aggressive tires. The vehicle made a U turn on Range Road 55 just off of 302 TWP. RCMP are asking if anyone in the area noted a suspicious vehicle during this time to Contact Cst. DOANE with the Didsbury RCMP at 403-335-3382. Should you wish to remain anonymous, you may contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or by internet at www.tipsubmit.com.
POSTED DECEMBER 22, 2016
- SUSPICIOUS VEHICLE IN SPRUCE VIEW AREA - Innisfail detachment has had some reports of a suspicious Silver VW Jetta as well as a dark coloured rusted out Jeep Cherokee operating in the Spruce View area. A a male in his early 30s and female in her 20s are believed to be operating these vehicles and may be involved in property crime in the area. The male may also be wanted on outstanding warrants. Please report if these vehicles are observed in the area. Police are also reminding Xmas Shoppers to lock their vehicles and keep parcels out of sight. If you have information about this investigation, please call your local RCMP Detachment. Or Crime Stoppers at 1.800.222.TIPS (8477).
POSTED DECEMBER 16, 2016
- FALUN/HILLSIDE/ROSEBRIAR FANOUT - Break and Enters on December 14th from this region of the province. Details here. NOTE: We include fanouts from this region to our readers as we are all finding crimes being committed by people who live 100 to 200 miles away.
POSTED DECEMBER 9, 2016
- GENERATOR FOUND, CONTACT SUNDRE RCMP - The Sundre RCMP are requesting the assistance from the public in identifying the owner of a gas powered generator that was taken sometime between November 10th and November 17th, 2016. The generator was removed from a rural pole shed west of the community of Carstairs. Anyone missing a generator or knows of someone who is missing a generator is asked to contact the Sundre RCMP detachment at 403-638-3675 to provide a description of the generator so that it can be returned.
POSTED DECEMBER 9, 2016
- RCMP COCHRANE, DAMAGE TO TRAILER - In December 2016, a Travel Trailer was stolen off a rural property West of Cochrane along HWY 1A. The trailer is the property of a candidate who was running in the Bearspaw Band Election for Chief and Counsel in Morley, AB. On December 6th, 2016, the same day as the election, the trailer was vandalized and abandoned in Morley across from the polling station. Disparaging comments about the candidate had been painted on the side of the trailer. If anyone has any information about this incident, please contact Cst. Cardoso or the Watch Cpl. of the Cochrane RCMP at 403-851-8000.
POSTED DECEMBER 4, 2016
- WATCH WHEN PURCHASING "SECOND HAND" - Sometime during the early morning hours of December 2nd, 2016, someone broke into a storage building located south of Lloydminster and stole 2 Skidoo brand snow machines. The first one is described as a yellow and grey 2006 Skidoo Freestyle snow machine with a 350 cc engine and the second one is described as an orange and grey 2008 Skidoo Freestyle snow machine with a 350 cc engine. Both snow machines were advertised on Lloydminster Kijiji soon after they were stolen. Anyone who may have purchased an orange and grey 2008 Skidoo Freestyle snow machine with a 350 cc engine from Kijiji from the Lloydminster area between December 2nd and 3rd is asked to please contact the Kitscoty RCMP.
This is a reminder to be cautious when purchasing items and do the proper checks. There was also thefts of phones from Airdrie. These kind of items often end up on Kijii or in pawn shops, so do your due diligence and check items out before purchasing. It's also a good idea to make the exchange of items for cash in a public place or in a police parking lot. Please call in any suspicious activity or persons to the 24-hour RCMP Dispatch line line at 403-556-3324.
POSTED NOVEMBER 23, 2016
- DAMAGE TO FENCE - The Town of Sundre is seeking information leading to the person who lost control of their vehicle doing donuts by the Baseball Diamonds.
We need them to help pay for this public fence that they destroyed.
Repairing the consequences of recklessness is not the most efficient use of public dollars.
Please advise the Town of Sundre at 403-638-3551 if you can provide information.
As posted on Facebook.
POSTED NOVEMBER 22 & 23, 2016
- FALUN/HILLSIDE/ROSEBRIAR FANOUT - Theft of Motor Vehicles, Mischief, Break and Enter from November 18 - 20 in this region of the province. Details here. Also Recovered Firearms and Break and Enter from November 19 & 20. Details here.
POSTED OCTOBER 18, 2016
- COPPER WIRE THEFT - On October 13, 2016, between the hours of 4:00 a.m and 5:15 a.m., at a construction site in the Balzac business area (Wagon Wheel neighbourhood), 2 suspects stole approximately $8000.00 worth of copper wire out of a Sea-Can. Two separate suspect vehicles were seen at the scene. One vehicle is described as an older model Toyota Corolla. Investigators are asking anyone who may have information regarding this occurrence to contact Airdrie RCMP at 403-945-7200. If you want to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers by phone at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), or by internet at www.tipsubmit.com. You do not have to reveal your identity to Crime Stoppers, and if you provide information to Crime Stoppers that leads to an arrest(s), you may be eligible for a cash reward.
POSTED SEPTEMBER 28, 2016
- ACME SHOOTING - There is a report in Horse Tack & Saddles for Sale - Alberta, Canada Posted September 25 by Howdy Robinson ... states the following ... DANGER Acme, Alberta ... HEADS UP FOLKS! Neighbor just informed me that there was a vehicle parked on a road near Acme and occupants were shooting into the pasture where his horses are. Description of vehicle is a Red Ford Escape type vehicle, with gold trim along the lower half. Incident occurred 2 miles east of Acme on the 575, then north a bit. RCMP have been notified. Details here.
POSTED SEPTEMBER 28, 2016
- FALUN/HILLSIDE/ROSEBRIAR FANOUT - Break and Enters and Thefts and Mischief from September 22 - 26 in this region of the province. Details here.
POSTED SEPTEMBER 13, 2016
- FALUN/HILLSIDE/ROSEBRIAR FANOUT - Break and Enters and Thefts or Thefts from Vehicles from September 9 - 11 in this region of the province. Details here.
POSTED SEPTEMBER 1, 2016
- LICENSE PLATE SWITCHES - The Didsbury RCMP are also reporting numerous incidents of license plates being switched. So, please check to ensure you have a plate on your vehicle and that it is your plate.
POSTED SEPTEMBER 1, 2016
- SUNDRE GOLF COURSE THEFT - On August 28, 2016 between 09:10am - 09:20am, a male stole approximately $9000.00 cash and approximately $4000.00 in cheques from the Sundre Golf Course. The incident was captured on the CCTV security system where it shows an unknown male entering the lower level office portion of the Club House near the Pro-shop. The male is seen skulking about and trying not to catch the attention of the Pro-shop employees who were just down the hallway. The male then enters two unlocked and separate open offices where he locates the money. The thieving male then slinks away to the parking lot and departs in a Kia minivan. The male was Caucasian, heavy set, receding grey/brown hair cut short, wearing a light blue collared long sleeve shirt and black pants (pictured below). He left in a late model (approximately 2012-2014) black Kia Sedona Minivan, with stock hubcaps (pictured below). If anyone can assist in identifying the suspect from the surveillance photos, please contact the RCMP Sundre detachment at 403.638.3675 or Crimestoppers at 1.800.222.TIPS (8477).
POSTED AUGUST 30, 2016
- FALUN/HILLSIDE/ROSEBRIAR FANOUT - Break and Enters from August 26 and 28th in this region of the province. Details here.
POSTED AUGUST 26, 2016
- FALUN/HILLSIDE/ROSEBRIAR FANOUT - Break and Enters, Theft of Truck, and Suspicious Person Fanout from August 19 and 20th in this region of the province. Details here.
POSTED AUGUST 22, 2016
- HANNA RCMP THEFT OF CATTLE - Sometime between July 22nd and August 6th 2016, owners of a rural property near Highway 36 and Township Road 33-4 noted two of their calves went missing; the calves are a Saler-Angus cross. Both calves are red or red and white in colour. The RCMP is reminding the public to report any suspicious persons or vehicles immediately by calling the complaint line at (403) 854-3391. If you have any information about this incident, please call the Hanna RCMP administration line at (403) 854-3393 or call your local police. If you want to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers by phone at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), by internet at www.tipsubmit.com, or by SMS (check your local Crime Stoppers for instructions).
POSTED AUGUST 15, 2016
- STOLEN TRUCKS FROM SUNDRE - On Sunday August 14 two trucks were stolen from Highland Projects in Sundre. Police recovered one of the trucks near Spruce View. One of the trucks is still missing. The missing truck is a 2006 Ford F-350, It is a grey welding truck , with tool boxes. License plate BMD 2253. If anyone has information regarding the location of the truck please contact the Sundre RCMP at 403-638-3675 or Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS or 8477.
POSTED AUGUST 9, 2016
- PREPAID CARD SCAMS - Over the past few days, Cochrane RCMP and Didsbury RCMP have investigated a number of frauds involving prepaid cards. Victims are being called by unknown individuals claiming to be from different agencies such as ATCO, ENMAX and EPCOR and Canada Revenue Agency and stating that if the victim does not pay their bill within a short timeframe their utilities will be shut off. The caller then states the victim must buy a set dollar amount of prepaid cards and call them back with the digit code on the back of the prepaid card. The cards being asked to buy are gift cards like iTunes card or gas cards.
The RCMP are reminding the public to use caution when dealing with collection telephone calls. Agencies will NOT ask for you to pay your outstanding balances with gift cards such as an iTunes card or a gas cards. You will typically get reminders on your monthly statements of an outstanding balance before the company will call you or before they will send their files to collection agencies - which also will not ask for gift cards as payment. If you are in doubt, check your last statement and your records before paying. Call the numbers for the agencies as they appear on the statements or on your files to verify they have enlisted outside help to collect their fees. Never give personal or banking information out over the phone. If an agency is going to cut the utilities they provide, you will get more than a days' notice; if you are being given only hours or minutes to pay before being disconnected, it may not be a real agency.
If anyone has information about this, or any other crimes is asked to please contact your local RCMP or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS or 8477.
POSTED JULY 21, 2016
- STOLEN TRUCKS FROM RAVEN AREA - Want everyone to be aware that one of our members on the Cottonwood Road had both their trucks stolen early Friday morning. The crooks had no qualms about going into the detached garage and taking a vehicle while the owners were home. Please be extra diligent regarding anything that may make it easier for someone to steal your vehicles. Fred Grono, Vice President, Raven CWS
POSTED JULY 21, 2016
- INFO FROM INNISFAIL & RAVEN RURAL CRIME WATCH - Early in the morning of the 19th, Innisfail RCMP Members responded to multiple calls of break enter and theft to the rural area. In one instance, a member of the public called police immediately upon observing a suspicious male in the area of his residence. Details here
POSTED JULY 8, 2016
- PINE LAKE BREAK & ENTERS - The Innisfail RCMP is seeking any information on attempted B&Es to residences in the rural Pine Lake area. A male described as approx 40 years old Caucasian male with grey hair/balding and has one lazy eye is showing up to properties. If anyone is home he will pretend to be lost and likely will tell the homeowner he is looking for directions to Three Hills. If no one is home, he is breaking into residences and shops and stealing anything of value. The suspect is believed to be driving a small white car with a blue front licence plate cover with the writing FORD on it (see photo to the right). If you have any information or you see this vehicle/person do not approach him and contact the Innisfail RCMP immediately at 403-227-3342.
POSTED JULY 6, 2016
- DRUG STORE THEFT - At approximately 2 am on July 6, 2016, RCMP Sundre responded to an alarm at the Sundre Community Drug Mart in Sundre, Alberta. Police immediately attended but the thieves had managed to depart prior to police arrival. The thieves had entered through the east door by smashing the glass out and targeted the narcotics cabinet at the rear of the store where they stole approximately $12,000 worth of pharmaceutical medications. Some of the medications stolen from the Drug store were fentanyl, oxycodone and morphine. The matter is still under investigation. Should anyone have witnessed or have information regarding this event, please contact the RCMP Sundre at 403-638-3675. Should you wish to remain anonymous, you may contact Crime Stoppers by phone at 1-800-222-8477 or, by internet at www.tipsubmit.com. You do not have to reveal your identity to Crime Stoppers, and if you provide information to Crime Stoppers that leads to an arrest(s), the recovery of stolen property, and/or a seizure of illicit drugs, you may be eligible for a cash reward.
POSTED JULY 6, 2016
- MAILBOXES BROKEN INTO - Several mail boxes were broken into around the Westward Ho and Eagle Hill area the evening of July 4 or morning of July 5th. It is suspected that mail was stolen as a result of these break-in incidents. Please contact the Sundre RCMP if you have any information that will lead to the identification or an arrest of the person or persons responsible at 403-638-3675.
POSTED JUNE 28, 2016
- COUNTERFEIT $100 - The individual pictured here attempted to pass a poor counterfeit $100.00 on Sunday June 26 at the Westview Co-op food store in Olds. Left arm has full sleeve tattoo.
He was with the second individual in the picture. There is no issue with him.
POSTED JUNE 27, 2016
- MINI VAN & QUAD SUSPICIOUS - Late Saturday June 25, 2016 PM, a Rural Crime Watch (RCW) member came upon a greyish blue minivan and a black Polaris Sportsman quad parked just off Highway 54 at intersection with Rge Rd 13. Woman in minivan acted suspicious and avoided showing her face and quad driver seemed nervous. Quickly asking how they could get to Red Deer. All seemed fishy, so pictures were taken of van (AB licence ZRS 891), quad rider, and quad. When quad rider noticed that the scene was being photographed, he became instantly enraged and raced quad directly at the SUV driven by RCW member. Female accomplice in minivan U-turned on grid road, then sped onto Highway 54 heading East. Quad rider then took off after van at full throttle, heading E on Highway 54 (not on shoulder, or in ditch). RCW member followed, not wanting to lose sight of them while 9-1-1 call made. After ~½ mile of being followed, quad U-turned on highway and gunned quad directly at the RCW SUV, crashing quad into SUV, the enraged rider landing on hood and windshield, followed by pounding on driver's window and trying to rip door open. RCW member maneuvered around upended quad, but quad gave chase for 2 miles before turning into Innisfail Airport road, whereupon he struck out across fields. Followup by Innisfail RCMP eventually lost his trail when he crossed Red Deer River bridge W of Innisfail. Investigation by Innisfail RCMP ongoing. Hit and Run charges to be pursued, along with several others, once this desperate culprit and his female accomplice are rounded up.
POSTED JUNE 15, 2016
- THEFT FROM CARSTAIRS CO-OP - On June 13th at approximately 8:55 am two men came into the Carstairs food store, each holding a red hand basket and one also had a small cart. They walked around the store picking up items totalling about $200 in value then walked out of the store. At 9:10 am a customer noticed the men loading red hand baskets into the back of a black Chevy step side truck with Saskatchewan licence plate 253 JBQ. One man was wearing a black shirt and black pants with a blue ball cap, the other was wear tan pants, a leather jacket and had a mohawk type haircut. At this time the RCMP were called.
POSTED MAY 16, 2016
- THEFT FROM MOTOR VEHICLES - On May 14th, 2016 at 2:00 PM, Airdrie Rural RCMP received a complaint of a male suspect entering parked vehicles at the Rocky View Costco located in Balzac, Alberta. As the witness approached, the suspect took off on foot, entered a Grey Dodge Ram truck and left the area quickly. The Dodge Ram vehicle had a licence plate that was reported stolen from Calgary earlier in the day. Airdrie RCMP are asking for the public to assist to identify the suspect. The suspect is described as: Caucasian, mid to late 50s, larger nose, 5'8" - 6'0", medium build, Shaved head, wearing sunglasses, blue jeans and a Harley Davidson tank top.
If you have information about this, or any other investigation(s), please call the Airdrie Rural RCMP at 403-945-7200 or call your local police detachment. If you want to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers by phone at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), by internet at www.tipsubmit.com, or by SMS (check your local Crime Stoppers for instructions). You do not have to reveal your identity to Crime Stoppers, and if you provide information to Crime Stoppers that leads to an arrest(s), the recovery of stolen property, and/or a seizure of illicit drugs, you may be eligible for a cash reward.
POSTED MAY 11, 2016
- THIEF CAUGHT - LET'S STICK TOGETHER - On the afternoon of May 9th, one of our long time members on Range Road 270 and Highway 582 (Poplar Creek area), came home to find someone had broken into their home and was rummaging through it. The culprit was a lone, tall, slim, male driving a white Dodge three-quarter ton crew cab. Alberta License GLE 631. Prescription drugs and cash were taken. Thankfully, the Olds RCMP has apprehended this individual.
This just highlights the need for us to stick together and strengthen our community ties and lock everything up. Trail cameras are still available from Wholesale Sports in Calgary at a discount to Rural Crime Watch members. Encourage your neighbours to join Rural Crime Watch and put up the signs. Information is on our website, or contact Judy at 403-556-8846. This is a message from the Olds, Didsbury and Sundre Rural Crime Watch Associations.
POSTED MAY 11, 2016
- CASH STOLEN FROM PET STORE - On April 28th, 2016 between 3:00 pm to 3:30 pm a lone male (pictured below) walked into AJ Pets Store and stole cash from the till while staff were pricing items.
If you have information on this or any other case, please contact the Rocky Mountain House RCMP at 403-845-2882. If you wish to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers by phone at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), or by internet at www.tipsubmit.com. You do not have to reveal your identity to Crime Stoppers, and if you provide information to Crime Stoppers that leads to an arrest(s), you may be eligible for a cash reward.
POSTED MAY 8, 2016
- LIQUOR STOLEN IN AIRDRIE - On April 16, 2016 at approximately 4:15 pm, 2 Females entered Sobey's Liquor On Main Street, and stole several bottles of liquor worth approximately $186.00. The females were caught on surveillance. RCMP are asking for the public's assistance in identifying the 2 females. Female 1 is described as: 5'6", Caucasian with brown hair, mid to late 30s, wearing a black tank top and black shirt carrying a large black bag. Female 2 is described as: 5'8" wearing heels, Caucasian with brown hair, mid to late 30s, wearing a black top and grey pants, carrying a large black and white striped bag. If you have information on this incident, please call the Airdrie RCMP at 403-945-7200.
If you want to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers by phone at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), or by internet at www.tipsubmit.com. You do not have to reveal your identity to Crime Stoppers, and if you provide information to Crime Stoppers that leads to an arrest(s), you may be eligible for a cash reward.
POSTED MAY 6, 2016
- ARMED ROBBERY AT LESLIEVILLE HOTEL - On Tuesday, May 3, 2016, at approximately 10:30 p.m., Rocky Mountain House RCMP quickly responded to an armed robbery at the Leslieville Hotel, located 20 kilometers east of Rocky Mountain House. A masked man, armed with what is described as a military style assault rifle, stormed into the bar and held up the waitress on shift and then fled with an undisclosed amount of cash. The culprit is described as a male, approximately 5' 10" (178 cms) in height with an average build. There was only one patron present during the incident. No one was physically harmed during the robbery. Officers immediately flooded the area responding to the call but were unable to locate the suspect who is believed to have fled in a light colored pickup truck. Mounties are currently examining the crime scene and gathering evidence at this time as the investigation continues. The Rocky and District Victim Services Unit (VSU) are assisting police in this matter.
If you have information in this or any other case, please contact the Rocky Mountain House RCMP at (403) 845-2882. If you wish to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers by phone at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), or by internet at www.tipsubmit.com. You do not have to reveal your identity to Crime Stoppers, and if you provide information to Crime Stoppers that leads to an arrest(s), you may be eligible for a cash reward.
POSTED MAY 6, 2016
- ATM STOLEN FROM CAROLINE - In the early morning hours on Thursday, May 5, 2016, at approximately 4:00 a.m., Rocky Mountain House RCMP quickly responded to an intrusion alarm at the Alberta Treasury Branch in Caroline, located 40 kilometers south of Rocky Mountain House. On scene, officers located a stolen CAT front end loader on the street in front of the bank. Two unidentified male culprits had used the CAT to drive through the entrance of the bank causing major damage to the building and stole the automated teller machine (ATM). Police from Rocky Mountain House, Sundre, Innisfail and other surrounding detachments immediately patrolled the area and recovered a stolen truck, trailer and the ATM in the area. The suspects and the money were not located. RCMP Forensic Identification Section members are currently seizing evidence and officers from Rocky Mountain House Detachment continue to follow up on leads at this time. RCMP have increased patrols in the rural area, including the Village of Caroline, and were in the area just prior to this crime taking place and had arrested an impaired driver. Police will continue to enhance patrols throughout the rural area around Rocky Mountain House as part of a crime reduction strategy.
If you have information about this or any other case, please contact the Rocky Mountain House RCMP at (403) 845-2882. If you wish to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers by phone at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), or by internet at www.tipsubmit.com. You do not have to reveal your identity to Crime Stoppers, and if you provide information to www.centralalbertacrimestoppers.ca that leads to an arrest(s), you may be eligible for a cash reward.
POSTED APRIL 27, 2016
- THEFT FROM CRAMMOND HALL - Between April 23, 2016 and April 25, 2016, thieves broke into an out building at Crammond Hall and stole a Kubota zero turn lawn tractor (GF180-200 serial# 32348 and 60" deck mower RC60-719 Serial# 15828) and a Stihl Weed eater (FS55R Serial# 274386697). Thieves broke the clasp off the pad lock to the out building to gain entry prior to stealing the equipment. The loss is approximately $13,000.
Sundre RCMP have also received calls for stolen recreational vehicles at the Summer Village of Burnstick Lake during the same time frame. Anyone who may have witnessed suspicious activity in this area or has information regarding this incident is asked to call the Sundre RCMP at 403-638-3675 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).
POSTED APRIL 18, 2016
- WATCH FOR PYRAMID SELLERS - Olds RCMP have received reports of a male driving a brown truck in the Rural areas selling health benefits / life insurance. The male is working for a company called World Financial Group (WFG). The company is legitimate however operates with Multi-level marketing (MLM) strategy. This is also known as a pyramid selling, network marketing and referral marketing. RCMP encourage you to use discretion and research what they offer before committing to anything with any company that operates in this fashion as often some MLM companies constitute illegal pyramid schemes which exploit members of the organization. Police are not saying that this is the case in this instance, but feel it important to inform the community of this activity. Have representatives provide you with proper identification. If you have any misgivings about the situation have party leave your property.
POSTED APRIL 18, 2016
- ARMED ROBBERY IN ROCKY MTN HOUSE - On April 14, 2016, at approximately 11:00 AM, a lone male entered the Rookies Lounge located on 48 Avenue in Rocky Mountain House, Alberta. The male, pictured right, displayed a knife, and was able to get away with an undisclosed amount of cash. The male is described as tall, balding, wearing a grey zip-up hoodie.
If anyone recognizes the male in the photo, or has any information to assist police, they are asked to contact the Rocky Mountain House RCMP at (403)845-2882, or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or online at www.centralalbertacrimestoppers.ca. More info: Constable Matthew Pepper, Rocky Mountain House RCMP, 403-845-2882
POSTED APRIL 14, 2016
- MISSING PERSON - Beiseker RCMP are currently seeking public assistance to locating 47 year old Michael Robert Mullock. He was reported missing by his family on April 12, 2016. Mullock was last seen by his family near the family home in Acme on Friday March 25th. Mullock is believed to be driving his black, 4 door, 2003 Toyota Echo, AB license number JSY273.
Mullock is someone who enjoys fishing and has been known to frequent the Sundre area. Mullock is described as: 175cms, 105 kgs, Green eyes, Brown/Greying hair).
To assist, please contact Sgt. Glen Demmon, NCO i/c Beiseker RCMP, 403-947-3420.
POSTED APRIL 12, 2016
- SHOPLIFTER - RCMP in Vegreville are asking the public's assistance in attempting to identify a shoplifter who had taken several items in from a local convenience store on the evening of March 28, 2016.
While in the store the male was seen to be putting items into his jacket while the clerk was distracted. Anybody with information regarding the male's identitiy are asked to contact Vegreville RCMP at 780-632-2223.
POSTED APRIL 12, 2016
- BREAK-IN AT RED DEER CO-OP - Red Deer RCMP are looking for public assistance to identify the man who broke into the downtown Co-op and stole several bottles of narcotics, tobacco and stamps. The break-in was discovered the morning of March 26 and surveillance video shows the male suspect breaking into the pharmacy and tobacco areas of the store. If you can identify the man in these photos or have any information about this crime, please contact the Red Deer RCMP at 403.343.5575. If you wish to remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers at 1.800.222.8477 or report it online at www.tipsubmit.com.
POSTED APRIL 7, 2016
- STOLEN FUEL - Between March 15 and April 5, there was a significant amount of fuel stolen from a farm on Range Road 40 in the Cremona area. As well, a 400 liter slip tank and 225 liter water tank were also taken. If you have any information on this or any other crime, please call the Didsbury RCMP at 403-335-3382.
POSTED APRIL 5, 2016
- B&Es and THEFTS - March 27, there was a Break and Enter to an outbuilding at a rural residence on range road 40, while residents were at church. Various tools and a compressor were stolen. A white Dodge lifted 2500 diesel truck with a loud muffler, was seen in the area.
There was also a theft from the Cremona forage processor on Highway 580. A Husqvarna chain saw and Honda water pump and assorted tools were taken. Value around $4,000.
There were also multiple mail box thefts on Range Road 273, 274, 282, and Range Roads 35 and 53. With tax time, these incidents increase and citizens should pick up mail regularly and report anyone hanging around the mail boxes that seem to be out of place.
If you have information on any of these or other incidents, please call the Didsbury RCMP Detachment at 403-335-3382. Should you wish to remain anonymous, you may contact Crime Stoppers by phone at 1.800.222.8477, by internet at www.tipsubmit.com. You do not have to reveal your identity to Crime Stoppers, and if you provide information that leads to an arrest, the recovery of stolen property, and/or a seizure of illicit drugs, you may be eligible for a cash reward.
POSTED MARCH 29, 2016
- CHEQUE SCAM - A company posing as a third-party contractor of SGI CANADA is contacting targeted consumers to become "mystery shoppers" on our behalf. They promise consumers financial compensation in return for their services and ask for personal information to be confirmed and given. This is a scam to obtain the consumer's information. The target receives a letter, along with a very realistic-looking cheque. When they try to cash the cheque, it bounces, but the con artists already have their information. If you are approached about this "opportunity" please contact your local law enforcement detachment.
POSTED MARCH 10, 2016
UPDATE MARCH 29, 2016
- MISSING TEEN - Didsbury RCMP are asking for the public's assistance to locate 15 year old Natalya Niles. Niles was reported missing on February 29, 2016 after she left her residence at approximately 11:00 PM. Niles has been known to frequent the Airdrie and Calgary areas. Niles is described as: Female; Caucasian; 5' 1" tall; 120 lbs; Brown shoulder length hair; Hazel eyes. Niles was last seen wearing: A black winter coat, Black track pants; UGG winter boots. RCMP are asking anyone who has seen, heard or knows the whereabouts of Niles to please contact the Didsbury RCMP at 403-335-3382 Ext 5701 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS). Cst. A. MCKEAN, Didsbury RCMP.
- This teen was found the week of March 21st in downtown Calgary by Calgary Police Service officers.
POSTED MARCH 9, 2016
- BREAK & ENTER - On March 8th, 2016 between 04:30 and 05:30 in the morning, 2 male suspects committed a Break and Enter at the Roger's store at 25 Quarry Street, Cochrane. The suspects entered through the front door of the store and stole an undisclosed amount of electronics. Value of items is yet to be determined. Cochrane RCMP are in the process of seizing the surveillance video and will have more information once obtained. If any member of the public observed any suspicious activity, people or vehicles at this time, please contact the Lead Investigator, Cst. Peter Wood at Cochrane RCMP or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS)
POSTED MARCH 7, 2016
- COUNTERFEIT U.S. BILLS - A local business advised the Olds Chamber Office of having received counterfeit $20.00 US bills on Saturday, March 5, 2016 at 6:58 am. Three US $20.00 bills were used to purchase a gift card. RCMP recommend to not accept U.S. currency.
UPDATE MARCH 9, 2016
- Olds RCMP have received three complaints of counterfeit American twenty dollar bills since March 4. The suspects have been loud and have attempted to cause a scene in an effort to make the clerk uncomfortable and to compel them to accept the money. Olds RCMP recommend that local businesses use diligence when handling American currency and educate themselves and staff in detecting counterfeit bank notes. Businesses are not obligated to accept American currency for payment however do so as a courtesy to the customer. Alternatively, businesses can direct the client to attend a bank to convert their money to Canadian currency.
POSTED MARCH 2, 2016
- COMPANY TRUCK STOLEN - On February 16th, 2016 at approximately 4:50 am, Cordy Construction was the victim to a break and enter. The business is located on Hwy 27 just east of Sundre. Thieves broke into the compound and stole a white Ford F-250 company truck. The company truck had a slip tank and six tires that were size 245 70 19.5R in the box. The truck was later recovered in Calgary but the tires and slip tank were no longer with the truck. The estimated loss of the tires and slip tank to Cordy is several thousand dollars. Security footage of the incident identified the suspect truck as a light coloured flat deck dually with marker lights and decals on the passenger door (pictured right). Anyone who may have witnessed suspicious activity in this area or has information regarding this incident is asked to call the Sundre RCMP at 403-638-3675 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).
POSTED FEBRUARY 29, 2016
- SHIPMENT DUMPED - A local resident has asked RCW to help him discover who was behind dumping an entire full pallet of his product on the side of a road. Maybe our readers and members can track this label from the photo (shown right) and find out what driver is responsible for this. The mess was found at a CO-OP truck cardlock station just off Hwy 2 outside of Olds, Alberta on Feb. 26th.
UPDATE MARCH 2, 2016 - We apologize for the dumping of our products on the side of your road. We are investigating through our trucking company what happened and who is responsible for this. We use a third party trucker to ship our goods and let you know. Thank you for letting us know about this situation. Tom Tan, Prime Pastries A Division of Give and Go
POSTED FEBRUARY 28, 2016
- PUBLIC ASSISTANCE SOUGHT - Cochrane RCMP is seeking the public's assistance in identifying a female suspect. On February 15, 2016 at approximately 2:13 pm, a female stole approximately $200 worth of jewellery from Poor David's gift shop on 1 Street West in Cochrane. The suspect was captured committing the crime on surveillance camera. Should you be able to identify the female in question, please contact the Cochrane RCMP or Crimestoppers. Cst. Harry RAI, Cochrane RCMP, 403-851-8000.
POSTED FEBRUARY 28, 2016
- STOLEN TRUCK WITH CANOPY - On February 27th, a 1999 black F250 truck with a white tail canopy was stolen between 1 and 5 am. There is damage on the right driver side front panel and the signal light is missing. BC License plate KB-2509. It was possibly travelling north on secondary roads or highways from Olds. If you have information on this, or any other crime, contact Olds RCMP Detachment at 403-556-3324 or to remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or, to submit a tip online go to www.centralalbertacrimestoppers.ca. You do not have to reveal your identity to Crime Stoppers. If you provide information to Crime Stoppers that leads to an arrest or the recovery of stolen property or the seizure of illicit drugs, you could be eligible for a cash award.
POSTED FEBRUARY 9, 2016
- STOLEN TRAILER WITH ATVs AND DIRTBIKES - On January 17th 2016, a black utility trailer was stolen from the driveway of a Bearspaw residence near Cochrane, AB. The trailer contained numerous pieces of riding equipment as well as the following off road vehicles:
Cochrane RCMP are seeking the public's assistance locating the trailer and off road vehicles. Anyone who may have witnessed this incident or have any information about the person responsible is asked to contact the Cochrane Detachment or Crime Stoppers. (Cst. Peter Wood, Cochrane RCMP, 403-851-8000)
- FROR Utility Trailer SB8524TA2 VIN: 5NHUSNZ23FT450307, AB plate 4YR233, black
- 2007 Artic Cat 500 ATV VIN: 4UF07ATV67T200035 AB plate DWP25, dark green
- 2011 Can-AM Outlander VIN: 3JBEWCN17BJ001478 AB plate EWC69, yellow
- 2007 Honda CRF250R VIN: JH2ME10277M300221, AB plate DWP27, white
- 2007 Yamaha YZF450R VIN: JYACJ10C17A020638, AB plate DWP26, white
POSTED JANUARY 15, 2016
- THEFT OF SNOWMOBILE, ATV & TRAILER - Between December 30, 2015 and January 6, 2016 at a residence on RR 24 and Hwy 54 culprits entered a farm yard and stole a flatbed trailer which had a Black 2003 SKIDOO SKANDIC, and a Grey 2013 CAN AM Outlander Quad on it. Suspect vehicle, pictured below, which was captured on surveillance video. The suspect vehicle is a very distinct, older model Ford Pickup truck, with a lift kit and steps below each door. Should you have any information on this file, please contact the Innisfail Detachment as soon as possible at 403-227-3342. Innisfail RCMP File 2016-23713.
POSTED DECEMBER 18, 2015
- BREAK-IN AT BOWDEN PHYSIOTHERAPY & GYM - Sian's house (Bowden Physiotherapy and Gym) was broken into on December 16th, with jewellery, a computer and one of her sled dogs stolen. Juno, the sled dog is an 8 year old Siberian husky. She is tattooed and is very friendly. She is missing her left canine tooth which makes her tongue hang.
If anyone knows anything about this or the whereabouts of Juno, please call 403-224-3929 or the Innisfail RCMP detachment.
POSTED DECEMBER 7, 2015
- STOLEN PROPERTY FOUND - Cochrane RCMP recover hundreds of stolen items - During a recent investigation, Cochrane RCMP recovered hundreds of stolen items. Many of the items were returned to their rightful owners; however some of the property has yet to be identified. The property is connected to multiple break-and-enter thefts that occurred between June 15 and Aug. 28, 2015 in the Cochrane, Didsbury, Airdrie and Strathmore areas.
"A break and enter is a very traumatic experience for victims and we don't always recover what has been stolen," said Sergeant Jeff Campbell, Cochrane RCMP, "But in this case, we've made a significant discovery and we really want to reunite those property owners with their things."
The hundreds of items recovered include jewellery, watches, coins, computer equipment and electronics. The Cochrane RCMP is asking those who have had their homes broken into in these areas to view the photos on the Alberta RCMP Facebook page.
Those who can positively identify their belongings, and can provide information to support these claims, such as a police file number, serial numbers or any other means that can positively identify the items as theirs, are asked to contact the Cochrane RCMP at 403-851-8000.
POSTED DECEMBER 4, 2015
- ARE THESE YOURS? - Members of the Ponoka RCMP Detachment and Ponoka General Investigation Section (GIS) executed a search warrant on a local residence and recovered laptops, tools and other property which had been stolen from the Crestomere Elementary School in Ponoka County in a break and enter which had occurred on September 17, 2015.
The search warrant was executed on Wednesday, November 25 and involved a search of the residence of 30-year-old Stephen James Richmond of Ponoka. In addition to the stolen property police seized a quantity of marihuana and ammunition.
A warrant of arrest has been issued for Richmond who is facing a total of 23 offences including multiple counts of Possession of Stolen Property, breach of firearms prohibition, breach of recognizance and several firearms offences.
Ponoka RCMP are seeking the public's assistance in locating Stephen RICHMOND and would appreciate hearing from anyone who may know of Richmond's whereabouts. If Richmond is seen, the public is asked to call 911 and not to approach him.
If you have information about this, or any other crime(s), please call the Ponoka RCMP at 403-783-4472, or if you want to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers by phone at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), or by Internet at www.tipsubmit.com. You do not have to reveal your identity to Crime Stoppers, and if you provide information to Crime Stoppers that leads to an arrest(s), the recovery of stolen property, and/or seizure of illicit drugs, you may be eligible for a cash reward.
POSTED NOVEMBER 17, 2015
- THEFT OF GOOSENECK TRAILER - On November 16th 2015 police became aware that a 2010 Trailtec gooseneck trailer and a Cat skid steer loader which was loaded on the trailer were stolen from a commercial yard in the Sundre industrial area. The equipment was stolen the previous night. The value of the equipment is approximately $50,000. If anyone has any information or has witnessed this activity, please contact the Sundre RCMP at 403-638-3675 or Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
POSTED NOVEMBER 9, 2015
- BREAK & ENTER IN NISKU - Leduc RCW sent this fanout to their members. One of our Directors noticed some familiarities to a report he saw on the internet. If the perpetrator is the same person, they may be moving around to businesses in Alberta. This is a heads-up on a potential crime wave.
During the early morning hours on October 31, 2015 a Break and Enter occurred in Nisku in the area of 10 Street and 14 Avenue. Stolen items include a 16 ft Trailtech black equipment trailer and approximately 2200L of diesel fuel. Suspect vehicle is a Dark Blue 2002 - 2008 body style Dodge Ram short box crew cab truck with a red rounded slip tank in the box. Suspect appeared Caucasian, approx 5' tall, slim build. Please report any suspicious activity in the area to Leduc RCMP at 780-980-7267.
POSTED OCTOBER 26, 2015
- THORSBY RCMP SEEK ESCAPED PRISONER - The RCMP are searching for a 26 year old man who escaped police custody this morning at about 9:00 a.m. near Thorsby. Jason McGinn**, who had been arrested the night before for possession of a stolen automobile, was able to jump into the driver's seat of a marked RCMP police car and drive away during the process of being transferred from Thorsby RCMP to the Drayton Valley RCMP. The RCMP police car was discovered a short while later abandoned near Warburg, nothing had been removed from the police car. As a precaution, a lockdown of Warburg School was briefly initiated while the RCMP utilized Air Services and the Police Dog Service. The school lockdown has since been lifted. Jason McGinn has yet to be found by police.
McGinn is described as: White male, 5'10", 194 lbs., with dark brown hair, green eyes, with a missing front tooth and a recent scratch on his face (see photo right). He was last seen wearing a black hoody jacket, dark jeans, and shoes (no colour or type available at this time).
McGinn was not armed when last seen and does not have a history of violence. However, the RCMP ask the public not to approach Jason McGinn, but that if anyone should see him to call 911 immediately and provide police with as much detail about the sighting as possible.
If you have any information at all concerning the whereabouts of Jason McGinn, please call the Thorsby RCMP at (780) 789-3951. If you wish to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers by phone at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or by internet at www.tipsubmit.com.
POSTED OCTOBER 26, 2015
- ILLEGAL SHOOTING OF ELK - Sundre Fish and Wildlife are trying to locate two males driving an older grey Dodge truck responsible for shooting and killing a bull elk. This occurred today at 8:30 am 100 yards north of Township 320 (the Bergen Road) and Range Road 6.0. If you have any information, please call Sundre Fish and Wildlife at 403-638-3805. Callers can remain anonymous.
POSTED OCTOBER 23, 2015
- SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY - October 16, in the Vista area of Olds, two Caucasian males in their 20s to 30s operating a red Blazer or Jimmy (SUV) observed by resident attempting to steal items from homes under construction. Subjects were using a spotlight. Immediate patrols to area were conducted, however suspects and vehicle were not located. Police are reminding the public to secure their property, residence and vehicles, when unoccupied to pro-actively deter thieves. Items of value, keys and wallets should be removed from vehicles or at least secreted out of view of would be thieves. If you have information on this, or any other crime, contact Olds RCMP Detachment at 403-556-3324 or to remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or, to submit a tip online go to www.centralalbertacrimestoppers.ca. You do not have to reveal your identity to Crime Stoppers. If you provide information to Crime Stoppers that leads to an arrest or the recovery of stolen property or the seizure of illicit drugs, you could be eligible for a cash award.
POSTED OCTOBER 23, 2015
- THEFT OF MOTOR VEHICLE - On October 17, on the Bergen Road near the Airport, a white, 1994 Dodge one ton truck with steel flat deck bearing Alberta plate BLD 8621. Culprits smashed a window to the vehicle which had the keys left inside. If you have information on this, or any other crime, contact Olds RCMP Detachment at 403-556-3324 or to remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or, to submit a tip online go to www.centralalbertacrimestoppers.ca. You do not have to reveal your identity to Crime Stoppers. If you provide information to Crime Stoppers that leads to an arrest or the recovery of stolen property or the seizure of illicit drugs, you could be eligible for a cash award.
POSTED OCTOBER 21, 2015
- THEFT OF ATV & TRAILER - On October 15th, police were called to investigate a quad on a trailer parked suspiciously near the Red Deer River and Range Road 61. Police discovered the ATV and trailer had been stolen from Saunders Construction the evening before and yet to be reported. The ATV had been left at this location. Due to the observations of this person, and their actions, the quad and trailer were recovered. If anyone has any information or has witnessed this activity, please contact the Sundre RCMP at 403-638-3675 or Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).
POSTED OCTOBER 21, 2015
- THEFT OF TIRES - On the morning of October 15th, 2015 the management of Fountain Tire in Sundre discovered that during the previous night several new tires had been stolen from a storage area of the business. The suspects had parked east of the business in the neighbouring property to load up the tires. If anyone has any information or has witnessed this activity, please contact the Sundre RCMP at 403-638-3675 or Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).
POSTED SEPTEMBER 25, 2015
- FATAL MOTOR VEHICLE COLLISION IN SUNDRE - On April 5, 2015 at approximately 10 pm, members of the Sundre RCMP detachment were dispatched to a single vehicle collision on Highway 22 near Township Road 340. The RCMP investigation into this matter has now determined that alcohol, speed, and driver distraction were contributing factors to this collision. The passenger, a 50 year old female from Sundre, sustained serious injury and is still recovering in an area hospital. The deceased males are Perry VOLLMER (57) and Brian SCHRADER (65) both from Sundre. The driver, Jennifer BLACK, 37 years of age from the Sundre area, has been charged with 12 Criminal Offences including: 6 counts of Alcohol Impaired related offences causing death/injury, 3 counts of Dangerous Driving Causing Death/Injury, and 3 counts of Criminal Negligence Causing Death/Injury. A warrant for Jennifer BLACK's arrest has been issued. If you have information on the whereabouts of Jennifer BLACK, please call the Sundre RCMP Detachment at 403-638-3675. If you want to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers by phone at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), or by internet at www.tipsubmit.com. You do not have to reveal your identity to Crime Stoppers, and if you provide information to Crime Stoppers that leads to an arrest(s), you may be eligible for a cash reward.
POSTED SEPTEMBER 15, 2015
- FUEL STOLEN FROM TRACTOR - Friday night Sept 1, between midnight and daylight a Case International tractor with a John Deere baler in a field 1 mile west of Eagle Hill Store and a quarter mile north on Range Road 41, had fuel stolen from its tank. No other damage was visible.
POSTED SEPTEMBER 15, 2015
- GRAIN TRUCK VANDALIZED - On Thursday evening Sept 10, a Ford Louisville grain truck was vandalized 3 miles west of Eagle Hill Store and 2 miles north on Range Road 43. A hole was punched in the bottom of the fuel tank and a small amount of tools were stolen. An early to mid 1990's black and white Chevy pickup was seen in the area. The truck has mismatched black and white body panels. Information can be forwarded to the Sundre RCMP to the attention of Constable Floyd at 403-638-3675.
POSTED SEPTEMBER 14, 2015
- VANDALIZED TRACTOR - Between this Saturday and Monday there was a Massy Ferguson tractor in a field beside a lease road north of the Eagle Hill Store road (Township 340). 2 miles on Range Road 41 it was vandalized with a hole put in the fuel tank and tire wrecked and tools and misc items stolen. Any info can be forwarded to Amanda Sande; it was her parents' tractor, at 403-556-2881.
POSTED AUGUST 31, 2015
- SHOPLIFTER SUBJECT - Didsbury RCMP have released this photo of a shoplifter suspect from Ulla-La Clothing in Didsbury. Taken August 11, 2015. If you have any information, please contact the Didsbury RCMP at 403-335-3382.
POSTED AUGUST 31, 2015
- FAKE PAVING CREWS - From August 16th to August 26th, 2015, Vegreville RCMP received reports of paving crews soliciting local rural area residents. Here's some tips that could help you from being scammed.
POSTED AUGUST 27, 2015
- COUNTERFEIT $5s CIRCULATED - A $5 counterfeit bill was received in Olds on Wednesday evening. The local business pointed out that in the photo the window where the parliament building is supposed to be is not there. Unfortunately the local business did not see who the person was with this counterfeit money.
The Olds Chamber will be hosting a Session on "Detecting Counterfeit Bills" on Friday, September 25th from 11 am - 12 noon. The presenter is an expert on counterfeit money from the Calgary Police Service. Details will be posted on their website.
POSTED AUGUST 22, 2015
- FRAUDSTERS AT IT AGAIN! - St. Albert RCMP continue to hear from residents who have been defrauded by criminals. In July and August 2015, there have been 17 reports of scams and in some cases, people have lost thousands of dollars to these tricky criminals. The three most common scams that are happening in St. Albert this summer are:
- Emergency Scam or Grandparent scam
- Phoney Bank Inspector
- Canada Revenue scam
POSTED AUGUST 20, 2015
- COUNTERFEIT BILLS - a local business received a counterfeit $100 bill. Suspect is described as a Caucasian female with black hair & wearing a grey hoodie. The local business has passed on all the information to the Olds RCMP.
POSTED AUGUST 18, 2015
- COUNTERFEIT BILLS - On the evening of August 17th at 7:29 pm, a counterfeit $50 bill was passed (successfully) at a local business. The suspect appeared to be 5'10 to 6' tall. Slim build. Dark complexion. Purple hoodie with black jacket and black shoes that appear to be "Under Armour". He also wore sunglasses that he did not remove. The RCMP is now in possession of the bill.
There are a few very noticeable differences on the bill itself.
- The bill is physically smaller than an actual bill and cut crookedly.
- It is made out of photocopy paper and does not have the plastic feeling that a real bill has.
- The printing on the bill is fuzzy and not crisp like it should be.
- The Maple Leaf on the bill above the large dollar denomination is white and not partially transparent as it should be.
- The clear security strip with "watermarks" near the right hand side of the bill is made from tape of some sort.
- The Braille dots through the word "Canada" on the front of the bill are flat and not raised.
- The words "Bank of Canada" between the head of the person (varies by bill) and the clear security strip are flat and not raised.
If you have information on this, please contact the nearest RCMP.
POSTED AUGUST 17, 2015
- HOLIDAY TRAILERS STOLEN - Sometime between August 11th and August 14th, two holiday trailers were taken from a storage compound located near the Eagle Hill cardlock fuel station on Highway 27 east of Sundre. A light brown 2015 Lacrosse bumper pull trailer, license plate number 4ZS 598 was stolen, and a light brown 2015 Shasta Phoenix fifth wheel hitch with license plate number 4XX 545 was stolen. We are asking members of the Rural Crime Watch to keep on the lookout for either of these holiday trailers. If anyone observes either of these units, please call 911 or the Sundre RCMP at 403-638-3675 or your nearest RCMP detachment.
Cst. Val Dennis, Sundre RCMP.
POSTED JULY 10, 2015
- SECURITY FOR BOWDEN DAZE - The Rural Crime Watch Association has been requested to provide security for Bowden Daze, July 24 to 26. We need 2 volunteers Friday, July 24 from 1:00 to 7:00 pm AND 10 volunteers from 7 pm to 3 am for the beer gardens. AND the same for Saturday, July 25. If you can help, please call Fred Bay at 403-556-2138. Thank you for all your help! Hopefully everyone is having a great summer and we'll see you at the next meeting July 29 at 6 pm!
POSTED JUNE 10, 2015
- WHO IS THAT KNOCKING? - The Grande Prairie RCMP is reminding the public about being cautious of unrequested service persons attempting to gain access to their homes to do repairs. On Monday, June 8th, 2015 at approximately 9:30 a.m., two service repairmen attended a residence in a southwest subdivision of Grande Prairie. The homeowner was not expecting any repairs to be done in her home and advised that they could not go into the residence. The two males drove off without incident and no further complaints have been reported to date. Most reputable businesses will have some sort of identification or uniform and their vehicles are marked with the business logo. The RCMP advised that public should question any person that presents themselves at their door and if something does not feel right, the homeowners should contact the police.
POSTED JUNE 10, 2015
- NOT ALL PHONE CALLS RING TRUE - The Beaverlodge RCMP would like to advise the public of a telephone scam currently surfacing in the area. RCMP have been receiving complaints in regards to an East Indian male contacting residents and stating that the "RCMP are coming to get you". The male will refer to himself as a police officer, an immigration officer, and in some cases will threaten deportation of the call taker. The calls have been coming from a 613 area code number. The public is encouraged to be wary of anyone contacting you and requesting personal information or stating that they are wanted by the police. Police state recipients of these calls should ask questions and verify information of the caller. If you have been involved with such a scam, report the matter to the RCMP and to PhoneBusters at firstname.lastname@example.org, 1-888-495-8501 or via fax at 1-888-654-9426.
POSTED JUNE 5, 2015
- SUSPECT VEHICLE - Olds RCMP have a possible suspect vehicle being used in the rural area breaking into mailboxes. 2007 Red infiniti with a plate of BHR6964. If you see this vehicle, please call the Olds RCMP at 403-556-3324.
POSTED MAY 19, 2015
- OLDS GRIZZLYS SCAM - The Olds Grizzlys are warning people that there is a person/persons making phone calls and claiming to be with the hockey team. This caller offers to renew the season's pass for our next season’s games and asks for a credit card number to do so. They want everyone to be aware that these people are fraudulent. Please do not give them your credit card information. (Shannon Trentham, Admin, Olds Grizzlys Jr. A Hockey, Phone: (403) 556-1121
POSTED APRIL 30, 2015
- CRA TRANSFER SCAM - Please note: Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) does not send e-transfers nor do they request information by email so do not take the link. We know of one person who recently fell for this, and it is not someone who we thought would make this mistake. So remember, you can never be too careful about giving out or posting personal information.
POSTED APRIL 20, 2015
- ESCAPE LAWFUL CUSTODY - On April 16th, 2015 at 10:31 p.m. Innisfail RCMP responded to a complaint of an escape lawful custody, from the minimum security Annex located at the Bowden Institute. RCMP are searching for Sylvain Martin, 50 years old, describe as a Caucasian male, 167 cm tall weighing 63 kg with blue eyes. Martin was incarcerated for no person-related crimes.
Investigators are asking anyone who may have information regarding the location of Sylvain Martin to contact Innisfail RCMP Detachment at 403 227 3342 or any local Police Department. If you want to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers by phone at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), or by internet at www.tipsubmit.com. You do not have to reveal your identity to Crime Stoppers, and if you provide information to Crime Stoppers that leads to an arrest(s), you may be eligible for a cash reward.
POSTED APRIL 16, 2015
- STOLEN TRAILER - This has been forwarded from Jean Bota from Red Deer County: This came in from my neighbour, Jim Bower, who lives near the ski hill on the east side of Red Deer, off TWP Rd 384.
"Here are two pictures of a stolen trailer that I found abandoned in our farmyard Monday, April 13. The RCMP did a search and found it is a 2015 trailer. The plates were stolen from an oil company in Red Deer, but the trailer was not registered. On the deck were some keys. It looks to me that it was used to transport stolen goods from somewhere."
Please be very aware as whomever did this will be back!
POSTED MARCH 16, 2015
- STOLEN ATV - A quad was reported stolen from a rural residence on near James River northwest of Sundre on March 9th 2015. The quad was stolen from the residence the sometime during the weekend possibly March 7th. The quad was a blue 2004 Polaris with license plate number EYG93. If anyone knows where this quad may be or anything that would assist the police in this investigation, please call Cst DENNIS at the Sundre RCMP 403-638-3675 or Crime stoppers at 1-800-222-8477. Please pass this information on to your neighbors - the phone system is temporarily off-line.
POSTED FEBRUARY 10, 2015
- VEHICLES STOLEN - Two vehicles were stolen near Sundre this morning at approximately 7 am. Vehicle 1 was a 2007 white Dodge Ram truck, licence plate number 21K802 with a bale handler system. Vehicle 2 was a 2006 gray GMC Envoy, license plate number 21K812. Occupants should be considered armed and dangerous. Do not approach. Immediately contact the RCMP if you observe either of the vehicles at 403-638 3657 or 403-638-3655 or Dial 911.
POSTED FEBRUARY 10, 2015
- QUICK CHANGE ARTIST - The Olds Chamber just received notification from a local business indicating a quick change artist hit the business community February 8th. They are described as a male approximately 30 years of age with brown hair and a lady with blonde, big hair. Very casual manner and seem very sure of themselves. A quick change artist is someone who tries to purchase an item and pays for it with a large bill but changes their minds and starts getting the cashier to keep changing for smaller denominations during the whole time confusing the cashier and taking the money from her when she is unsuspecting. They are smooth and in a matter of minutes can clean out 100 or 200 bucks quickly off a cashier.
POSTED FEBRUARY 6, 2015
- NAME THE PUPPY CONTEST - The RCMP are conducting a Name the Puppy Contest. Children under 16 years of age living in Canada are eligible. 1 entry per person. There will be 10 winners naming the male or female puppies for 2015. More information is available on the RCMP website.
POSTED FEBRUARY 6, 2015
- ARREST MADE - A Didsbury man has been arrested by the Didsbury RCMP on firearms and possession of property obtained by crime related charges after an investigation into several break and enters which occurred in the Didsbury, Sundre and Olds detachment areas. The arrest and seizure of several thousand dollars worth of property has made a significant impact on lessening the number of stolen vehicles and rural break and enters in the area. Upon seizure of stolen property by RCMP, a loaded sawed-off shotgun was recovered and is believed to be stolen from the local area. Charged is 44 year old, Kristopher Ronald Neergaard, who was apprehended on January 28th.
POSTED JANUARY 27, 2015
- ARCTIC CAT STOLEN - In the early morning of January 17th 2015 in the town of Sundre, an Arctic Cat Side by Side was stolen from the north side of town near 12 Ave and 2nd street NE. The Side by Side was on a trailer which was later recovered on Township 332 one mile west of Highway 22. The Side by Side is a 2014 stock Arctic Cat Wildcat Trail green in colour. If you have any information on this crime, please call Constable Troy Hopkins at the Sundre RCMP detachment at 403-638-3675.
POSTED JANUARY 25, 2015
- SUSPICIOUS VEHICLE - Didsbury RCMP are asking you to watch for a purple Audi car. There was a male and female in the vehicle. They entered an unlocked rural residence January 15 on Range Road 10 near Highway 582, but a nearby neighbour scared them off. The description of the female is about 5 foot 4 inches, skinny, Caucasian black hair, mid twenties, and smelled of marijuana. The male is described as 6 foot 4 inches, 160 pounds, skinny, Caucasian, mid twenties, and visible acne on face. If you have any information on these, please call your local RCMP detachment. Thank you for your support of rural crime watch.
POSTED JANUARY 25, 2015
- SUSPICIOUS VEHICLE - A member of the Crime Watch reported that at about 3 pm on January 21, 2015, a 2009 to 2013 Ford 150 white or silver crew cab drove down a dead end road at Range Road 34, northbound, and turned around at the end when they reached a locked gate. His wife was going to Olds and the Ford left before she got there, as they could see her coming down the hill. A fellow working for the member the previous Saturday, hauling bales, reported he saw the same type of truck down the road before and it did not stop then either. His wife tried to follow the truck to Olds but she never caught up. There were two younger males in the truck at the time. In light of all the break and enters, and this behavior twice within less than a week with no one else living there, and not asking for help or info from my wife when they can see her coming, is suspicious.
POSTED JANUARY 21, 2015
- BREAK & ENTER - Mid day January 19th, on Range Road 12 and Township Road 304, between 9 am and 2 pm, an ORCW member's house was broke into by kicking in the rear patio door. They rifled through all drawers and cupboards but appear to have only stolen a TV set. Police are working on it. No witnesses. If you have any information, please contact the Didsbury RCMP.
POSTED DECEMBER 29, 2014
- BURNSTICK LAKE THEFTS - Once again, there are thefts at the Burnstick Lake Summer Village. A cabin was broken into and a variety of items taken (TV, CD/DVD player, clothing and a 2006 Yamaha Grizzly Quad 4X4). The theft occurred sometime between November 22nd and Christmas this year. Police are asking that anyone with any information please contact the Sundre RCMP at 403-638-3675 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
POSTED NOVEMBER 14, 2014
- 2 MALE SUSPECTS - Olds RCMP are seeking assistance from the public to identify two males who were involved in a theft from the Home Hardware in Olds on October 30th. RCMP are also concerned about the well-being of a young child who was with the men during the theft. Please contact Cst. Ward at 403-556-3324 or call Crimestoppers anonymously at 1-800-222-TIPS.
POSTED OCTOBER 19, 2014
- BREAK & ENTERS - Didsbury RCMP are asking for the help of RCW members to keep an eye on the rural areas around Didsbury as there has been a rash of Break and Enters on rural properties this week. Many tools are being stolen along with welding equipment. We are asking for people to keep their doors to buildings and vehicles locked and to keep any tools that may be laying around which can be used for breaking in to also be locked securely. These occurrences have happened while people are home and the victims have not heard or seen anything in relation to these incidents. Thanks for your help and attention to this matter. If you have any information, please contact Cst. Sheldon Krasniuk at the Didsbury RCMP at 403-335-3382.
POSTED OCTOBER 19, 2014
- MALE SUSPECT - Olds RCMP are seeking the assistance of the public in identifying a male suspect from a recent theft in Olds. The male was seen departing in a yellow Dodge Dakota Sport with rust patches on the passenger side of the truck. If you have any information about the identity of this male, please contact Cst. Ward at 403-556-3324.
POSTED AUGUST 21, 2014
- ELECTRIC FENCER STOLEN - On August 18th 2014 a solar electric fencer was stolen from the property on the west side of the intersection of Highway 22 and Township Road 354 (Crammond Road). Several white temporary electric posts and a length of electric fence string were also stolen. If anyone observed a vehicle or persons possibly responsible, please contact Constable Dennis at the Sundre RCMP 403-638-3675.
POSTED MAY 8, 2014
- BACKHOE STOLEN - A 590 S M Case Backhoe went missing from Pidherney's Trucking in Rocky Mountain House. The VIN is NSC 394239. It is an Orange backhoe 2005 model. It was reported stolen on April 8, 2014. For any further details or to report information on this crime, please contact Constable Gary Sandhu at the Olds RCMP detachment at 403-556-3324.
POSTED NOVEMBER 21, 2013
- FUEL STOLEN - Sometime between Friday, November 1st, 2013 and Saturday, November 9th, 2013, unknown suspects entered a rural property in the Sundre area located at SE 14 33 5 W 5, Mountain View County. Once on the property, the suspects proceeded to steal a 1993 Yamaha Kodiak 400 quad. The quad is spray painted "hunter green", has newer tires and bears VIN number JY44GBN03PA016536. Anyone with information in relation to this theft is asked to contact the Sundre RCMP at (403) 638-3675 or Crimestoppers.
POSTED NOVEMBER 1, 2013
- FUEL STOLEN - Between the dates of October 21, 2013 and October 25, 2013 a red 100 gallon slip tank full of fuel was stolen out of the back of a pickup truck parked in an approach to a hay field, one mile south of Bergen Road on Range Road 35. If anyone has any information please contact the Didsbury RCMP at 403-335-3382.
POSTED OCTOBER 21, 2013
- PHONE SYSTEM REPAIRED - We are pleased to report that our new system is now operational for phone calls. If you also would like e-mails and are not getting any, please e-mail email@example.com and send your current e-mail address. All fan-outs and minutes are also posted on our website at http://www.oldsruralcrimewatch.ca.
There were several reports at our last meeting of suspicious vehicles driving in and out of farm sites. Please report any incidents to your local RCMP detachment.
POSTED OCTOBER 16, 2013
- CRIME OF OPPORTUNITY - Due to the nature of the quick in-and-out circumstances of the crime and poor description of the individuals and involved vehicle, there is not much for the RCW membership to respond to, but this is more-so for their general information.
- When: Sunday 2013-10-13 at 6:10 am
- Where: Rural residential property located near Twp 294 (Water Valley turnoff) and Hwy. 22, or 2.5 miles south of Cremona.
- Who: 4 suspects, all believed to be male, with a dark colored car. No further descriptors of individuals or vehicle obtained from Victim (because she was temporarily blinded by pepper spray).
- What: Attempted break & enter to a rural residence. Victim stated that she had heard some noises out in her yard when she went to the window and saw approx. 4 individuals on the property. Victim opened the window and was sprayed in the face with some kind of pepper spray. One of the individuals then kicked open her house door causing the door frame to break and the door to fly open. Despite the door no being one, no one entered into the residence. The individuals then left the residence in their vehicle. No direction of travel observed.
- Why: appears to be random and not premeditated or targeted. Appears to be a crew of opportunistic criminals traveling northbound or southbound on Hwy 22, checking rural property to see what homes are vacant during the Thanksgiving holiday and see what they can steal. No suspects have been identified to date.
POSTED OCTOBER 11, 2013
- GUN SAFE STOLEN - Theft of a gun safe with 8-10 guns inside. Stolen from a residence on Range Road 50 about 7 km north of Highway 27 on September 30, 2013. Suspect is a white male, wearing black hoodie, red face mask, gloves. No vehicle description. If you have any information, please call the Sundre RCMP detachment at 403-638-3675.
POSTED OCTOBER 1, 2013
- STRANGE VEHICLE ACTIVITY - Members in the Eagle Hill area are reporting a white Dodge ram truck driving into yards but not coming to the house, and then driving out again.
POSTED OCTOBER 1, 2013
- STOLEN SAFE - On September 29th 2013 at the Forest Heights Golf Club, someone broke in and stole a safe with several thousand dollars. This happened sometime between 8 pm on the 28th and 7 am on the 29th. If anyone saw a strange vehicle in this area please report this to the Sundre RCMP Cst Val Dennis at 403-638-3675.
POSTED SEPTEMBER 27, 2013
- MISSING TRACTOR - A John Deere Tractor was last seen at the Bowden Rodeo Grounds on Monday September 23, 2013. It was noticed missing on Thursday, September 26, 2013 around 7 pm. It was parked at the west end of the riding arena. The area is fenced but the gate was open.
Description is as follows:
Model 6410 Utility Tractor
Anyone with any information about this, please contact the RCMP.
POSTED SEPTEMBER 27, 2013
- VANDALISM - Over the last two weeks rural mailboxes along Westcott Road/TWP 310 have been continually pushed over resulting in damage to the super-boxes and interruption in mail service. If you see anyone causing mischief, or any suspicious activity around the mailboxes, please report to the Didsbury RCMP at the time of the occurrence.
POSTED SEPTEMBER 26, 2013
- PURSE STOLEN - A purse was lost/stolen from Tracks Pub on Friday, Sept 20, 2013. Black purse with black-pink wallet. If you have any information on this, please call the Olds RCMP detachment at 403-556-3324.
POSTED SEPTEMBER 10, 2013
- SUSPICIOUS INDIVIDUALS - On Wednesday September 4, 2013 Didsbury RCMP got two reports about a suspicious male and female that went to at least two rural properties east of Carstairs. The incidents occurred in the Twp 300/RR280 area. The couple approached two acreages in the middle of the afternoon claiming to have a new business that serves farmers and ranchers. They did not disclose what the business is or offers. They then entered into some very unusual conversations with the homeowners about things that have nothing to do with any type of business. Both complainants were very suspicious and felt uncomfortable while speaking with the couple. They both felt as iF they were being 'cased' for possible future crimes. Each residence had multiple VERY LARGE dogs present that didn't seem to have any impact on the suspects actions.
Male - mid-late 40's, cauc, brown hair, round face, receding hairline with widow's peak, approx. 5'10", overweight, wearing a dark suit, white shirt and possibly a tie. Female - approx. 50ish, cauc, dirty blond to light brown shoulder length 'scraggly' hair, long face, wrinkly tanned skin, dirty teeth, wearing dark pink stretchy pants, pink flat shoes, pink jacket. Vehicle - small grey 4 door car, possibly older (90's).
If anyone has any information please contact Cst. BOUWMEESTER at Didsbury RCMP 403-335-3382.
POSTED AUGUST 28, 2013
- GARBAGE DUMPING - Rural residents east of Carstairs are requested to keep an eye out for any suspicious garbage dumping activity after culprits recently unloaded a trailer full of used shingles, tar paper, and nails into a farmer's field in an apparent effort to circumvent the garbage disposal costs. Anyone witnessing illegal garbage disposal in the rural areas are encouraged to contact their local detachment with a description of the associated vehicles/perpetrators.
POSTED AUGUST 15, 2013
- DISPOSED LIVESTOCK - Over the last two years someone has illegally disposed livestock specifically calves, goats and llamas into the English Creek at the bridge on Range Road 3.5 north of Township road 32.2. This area is west of Hwy 766 and north of Amerada Rd. The Disposal and Destruction of Dead Animal Regulations specifically outlines that this type of disposal is illegal and subject to charges though this Alberta Regulation. The legal method of livestock disposal is utilizing one of the following legal methods. 1. Natural Disposal (dead pile utilizing proper setbacks) 2. Burial 3. Rendering 4. Incineration 5. Composting. Anyone having information on this illegal livestock disposing or needing information on legal disposal can contact Ed Turco Alberta Agriculture and Rural Development Regulatory Assurance Division at Ph. 403-948-3999.
POSTED JULY 26, 2013
- Stolen Generators - Trackside in Olds had a break in at the business and over 30+ generators were stolen. Please be aware of the potential for stolen merchandise to be pedaled in the rural area. Any suspicious activity should be reported to the RCMP. Our phone fan-out system is temporarily down, so please pass this on to your neighbors and members without e-mail.
Olds RCW has also donated $2,000 to the Alberta Flood Relief Fund - to be matched by Lysol Corporation: 3 to 1, on behalf of our members.
POSTED JULY 24, 2013
- From Metro Vancouver Crime Stoppers - West Shore RCMP have asked local organizations to notify their followers on this "Crime of the Week". The individuals pictured here are wanted as of July 17, 2013.
POSTED JULY 19, 2013
- Bank Robbery Suspect - A Crime Stoppers re-enactment took place on Tuesday, April 30, 2013, to encourage members of the public to come forward with information relating to a bank robbery that took place in March. On Tuesday, March 5, 2013, at 3:15 p.m., a man with his face covered by a black mask entered the ATB Financial at 2140 -34 Ave. S.W., Calgary, armed with a kitchen knife. He approached the counter and entered the "employee only" section through the gate. He then demanded money from all of the tellers. They complied and provided the man with an undisclosed amount of cash. At the culprit's request, the money was placed in a green duffle bag carried by the offender. Once he received the money, the culprit quickly left the bank, carrying the duffle bag. Throughout this incident, the offender was both verbally and physically aggressive to the staff, threatening to stab them. Fortunately, no one was injured.
The suspect in this case is described as Caucasian, between 20 and 30 years old. He was approximately 6' tall, had a medium build and weighed between 150 and 165 lbs. He had brown eyes, brown hair and a day's facial growth. At the time of this incident, he was wearing a tan-coloured hoodie, blue jeans, black gloves and white runners. He was also wearing a black mask and carrying a knife and a green duffle bag with a shoulder strap.
Anyone with information as to the identity of this individual or about this crime is asked to call the Calgary Police Service Robbery Unit Tip Line at 403-428-8787, or the non-emergency number at 403-266-1234. You can also contact Crime Stoppers anonymously using any of the following methods:
TEXT: tttTIPS to 274637
POSTED JUNE 11, 2013
- Fuel Theft - A member who lives just north of Olds is reporting fuel theft from his tank in his yard over the June 8 weekend. This is the time of year that fuel thefts increase both in yard and from equipment in the field. If you notice suspicious vehicles with multiple slip tanks, please note description, location and license plate if you can and report to the nearest RCMP detachment.
- Find Person of Interest - Also beware of a Randy Thompson from Southway Expidite and Salvage. He is looking for someone to haul scrap vehicles and machinery. He has recently moved from his residence in Olds and cancelled his phone. If you know of this person's whereabouts, please call Olds Rural Crime Watch at 403-556-8846.
POSTED APRIL 3, 2013
- Theft at Gas Plant - Sometime during Easter weekend someone broke into the site office at the Bonavista gas plant that is currently under construction near Range Road 60 and Township Road 340 in Mountain View County. The thief or thieves stole approximately two thousand dollars worth of property. This occurred between Friday, March 29th at 6 pm and Monday April 1st at 8 am. If anyone has any information or has witnessed this activity, please contact the Sundre RCMP at 403-638-3675 or Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS(8477).
POSTED APRIL 1, 2013
- Power Pole Shot, Transformer Damage - Sometime between March 27th and March 30th, 2013 a transformer on a power pole was damaged when it was shot with a rifle. This transformer was situated west of Bearberry near the Bearberry Gas Plant. Police are requesting that anyone who may have been in this area and able to provide vehicles or suspects descriptions to please come forward. Information can be kept confidential. If anyone has any information or has witnessed this activity please contact the Sundre RCMP at 403-638-3675 or Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS(8477) Constable Val Dennis, Sundre RCMP
POSTED MARCH 4, 2013
- Break and Enter and Theft - On February 23rd 2013, the owner had noticed that a storage shed situated in the alley between 3rd and 4th Streets near 2nd Avenue had been broken into. It is unknown when this occurred. Several sporting goods for fishing were stolen which included both gas and electric boat trolling. Value was estimated between one and two thousand dollars. If anyone has any information or witnessed this activity please contact the Sundre RCMP at 403-638-3675 or Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.
POSTED MARCH 4, 2013
- Break and Enter and Theft - Sometime during the evening of February 23rd or the morning of February 24th, 2013 someone broke into Dougan's Service situated on Highway 27 on the east side of Sundre. Approximately $1,000 in cash was stolen as well as office equipment. Entry was made by breaking into the rear door of the business. If anyone has any information or witnessed this activity please contact the Sundre RCMP at 403-638-3675 or Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.
POSTED FEBRUARY 14, 2013
- Break & Enter NW of Didsbury - Mid-afternoon on January 25, a rural property northwest of Didsbury along the Bergen Road was subject to a Break and Enter. Culprits stole a substantial quantity of dyed diesel fuel, a newer light brown camouflaged quad, 2 power generators, etc. Should people attend your residence asking for directions or claiming to be lost, please:
RCMP believe a truck was utilized in the commission of this offense and remind Rural Crime Watch members to ensure their personal property is securely locked and that keys are not stored in the vicinity and are removed from the ignition of any motor vehicle. Please watch for any unusual activity in the area and notify RCMP at 403-335-3382 should suspicious persons or vehicles be observed.
- Take note of their physical description (approx. age, height, weight, gender, ethnicity, facial features like glasses, beards, tattoos, scars, etc.), and any names used, along with
- Noting the vehicle description such as: make, model, colour, and, only if safe to do so, the license plate number.
POSTED FEBRUARY 14, 2013
- Television Found - On January 26 a TV - with 2 remote controls was recovered along Range Road 13 North East of Didsbury. Please watch for any unusual activity in the area and notify RCMP should suspicious persons or vehicles be observed. If you know who may own this recovered property, please have them contact Didsbury RCMP 403-335-3382.
POSTED JANUARY 31, 2013
- Gravel Pits Broken Into - Between January 22 and 26, sand and gravel pits off the Eby Road near Water Valley, have been getting broken into. Culprits appear to have forced entry by ramming through the iron gate in one instance and cutting through barbed wire in others. Diesel fuel, generators, wire and various hand tools have been targeted. RCMP believe a truck was utilized in the commission of these offences. Please watch for any unusual activity in the area and notify RCMP at 403-335-3382, should suspicious persons or vehicles be observed.
POSTED JANUARY 24, 2013
- Trailer & Welder Stolen - During the night of January 22, 2013, a flat-deck trailer was stolen from a private residence in Eagle Hill. There was a Miller Bobcat 250 arc welder on the trailer at the time (it was also stolen). Please forward any information to the Sundre RCMP at 403-638-3675.
POSTED JANUARY 24, 2013
- Hay Theft - Sometime between 12:30 hrs and 15:30 hrs on Monday January 21, 2013, 6 bales of hay were taken from a rural location near Township road 304 and Range road 25. If anyone saw a suspicious vehicle in that location please contact Didsbury RCMP at 403-335-3382.
POSTED DECEMBER 15, 2012
- House Break-in - There was a house break in on Westview Crescent in Bowden sometime between Dec 9 and 13, 2012. The front door was smashed in. Items taken include a wall mount flat screen TV, sound surround equipment, game equipment with games and rodeo belt buckles. A small red car was seen in area at the time and is of interest.
POSTED OCTOBER 22, 2012
- Suspicious Fire - On October 19, 2012, between 1500 and 1600 hours, in the area of Range Road 52 and Township 301A in the Water Valley area, an old abandoned structure suspiciously caught on fire and burnt to the ground. The fire has been deemed suspicious at this time with a cause unknown. Just before the structure was fully engulfed in flames, a vehicle was seen backed into the area where the structure stood. We are looking for a fairly suped-up pickup truck, tan or gold in colour, early 2000s GMC or Chevy, possible single cab, short box, chrome spoke rims, chrome window flares on passenger and driver's windows, possibly tinted windows although the witness cannot fully remember. If this vehicle is seen, please get a licence plate and call the Didsbury Detachment. We are looking to speak to the owner or driver of this vehicle to see what they know. Please contact Constable Danielle Morrison at the Didsbury Detachment at 403-335-3382 if you have any information.
POSTED OCTOBER 10, 2012
- Suspicious Peeping Toms - On October 10th a light brown truck was observed near a residence on Range Road 51 near Township road 342. Two men were seen looking in the residence windows and were trying to get into the garage. They did not steal anything and did not get access to the garage. There was no description of the men obtained. If anyone has any information of a suspicious vehicle or people in this area, please contact the Sundre RCMP at 403-638-3675.
POSTED OCTOBER 9, 2012
- Shots Fired - On September 23, 2012 at approximately 7:30 pm, gunshots were heard from a high powered rifle in the area of Secondary Highway 581 and Range road 283. The shots were fired from the roadway, possibly at game, on private property. A resident from the area chased away a newer silver Dodge diesel pickup truck that had two large vertical chrome exhaust pipes sticking up from the cargo box just behind the rear window. The resident believed that they had seen the same truck several times before in the Didsbury/Carstairs area, leading us to believe that the truck is local. This truck was definitely involved in the incident. If you have any information on the incident, please contact Constable Daniel Bouwmeester at the Didsbury RCMP Detachment at 403-335-3382.
POSTED OCTOBER 1, 2012
- Vehicle Stunting - RCMP Didsbury is looking for information on a suspicious vehicle that is consistently stunting (burning doughnuts) approximately 2 miles south of Highway 580 on Range Road 32 between 0200-0300h Tuesday mornings. No vehicle description was provided. If anyone has any information please contact Didsbury RCMP at 403-335-3382.
POSTED SEPTEMBER 27, 2012
- Cemetery Vandalism - Sometime during the week of August 20 to August 27, 2012 at the Westcott cemetery, numerous headstones were knocked down. If anyone saw or heard anything or has any information please contact Didsbury RCMP at 403-335-3382.
POSTED SEPTEMBER 17, 2012
- Missing Person - Evansburg RCMP are seeking the public's help in locating 61 year old Benjamin Orest Kravetz. He was last seen by a family member leaving his home in Evansburg on Sunday Sept 9 to go to a nearby friend's place but did not show up. His vehicle was located near the CN tracks with the licence plate removed. Kravetz had his Rottweiler cross dog Daisy, black in colour, with him when he left the house. The missing licence plate is W J X 952. Anyone with any information regarding the location of Ben Kravetz is asked to call the Evansburg RCMP at 780-727-4446 or CrimeStoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.
POSTED JULY 25, 2012
- Stolen Tires - All 5 tires and rims and lug nuts were stolen from a travel trailer sometime between Wednesday July 11, and Saturday July 14, 2012. This occurred in the area southwest of Bergen. The trailer was left on the stabilizer jacks. Quite wooded area, no neighbours close who would have seen anything. Never had any problems in 16 years. Tires are Carlisle brand tires, 8 spoke, cost to replace is about $1,150. No evidence left behind, no suspects. If anyone has any information please contact Constable Danielle Morrison at Didsbury RCMP at 403-335-3382.
POSTED JULY 16, 2012
- Stolen Fuel - On June 28 or 29, 2012 unknown persons stole an unknown amount of fuel from a storage tank at a rural property on Range Road 335 and Township Road 273 in the Wimborne area. Home owners were home during this time but did not see or hear anything. The same thing occurred between July 12 and July 14, 2012 while the owners were away on holiday. The second time, the owner was able to measure the fuel and determine that approximately 150 liters of fuel was stolen. There are no witnesses or suspects. If anyone has any information about this, please contact Constable. BARBAT at the Olds RCMP detachment at 403-556-3324.
POSTED JULY 11, 2012
- Stolen Off-Road Vehicle - Between the evening of July 10th and morning of July 11th, a dark green 2006 Yamaha Rhino 450 side by side with Alberta marker WC638 was stolen from a rural residence along Range Road 30 and Township Road 340. There have been a bunch of accessories added to the Rhino since it was initially purchased in 2006 making it very unique. Other items stolen which were inside the Rhino include a red Jonsered CS2145S chainsaw and a brand new set of Vortex Viper binoculars. If you have any information on this incident, please call Corporal Troy Byrt at the Olds RCMP detachment at 403-556-3324.
- Jeep Cherokee Stolen - Between the evening of July 10th and morning of July 11th, a grey 1998 Jeep Cherokee with Alberta license 28K385 was stolen from a rural residence along Range Road 24 and Township Road area of 331. A mig welder and socket wrenches were also stolen. If you have any information on this incident, please call Corporal Troy Byrt at the Olds RCMP detachment at 403-556-3324.
- Electrical Cables, Panels, Wire, etc Stolen - Between the first week of June and July 1, 2012, an old feedlot south of Highway 582 on Highway 791 about 1½ miles on the east side of the road, had a number of cables stolen presumably looking for the copper inside. No one lives on this property and it's only checked about once a month. One of the out-buildings on the property contained all the electrical panels for the feedlot. There were about 4 panels, all the panels are missing all the breakers, two fuses priced at $70 each and then all the wire that wire up the farm was gone as well. Also, one of the big power poles was taken out of the ground and moved where the suspect then tried to get the cable from under the ground. This would have taken time and some knowledge in the electrical field or dealing with panels. If anyone has any knowledge of what happened or has had anything like this happen to them please call Cst. Danielle Morrison in the Didsbury detachment at 403-335-3382.
POSTED JUNE 25, 2012
- Copper Wire Thefts - There has been copper wire theft from oil facility sites in the Mountain View County. The most recent reported was a little northwest of the Little Red Deer Store. Someone has entered a site operated by N A L Resources and took all the ground wire from the trays in the facility. Approximately $10,000 worth was taken but the replacement value has been estimated between $20 and $30,000. The thief will probably get less than a couple of thousand dollars for scrap.
We believe this happened approximately the 13th of June. It was detected on the 20th and reported to police on the 22nd.
This has become a recurring problem and without the vigilance of the public to alert the police to suspicious activity, this problem will continue. Any activity at an oil site that does not usually have activity at night should be reported. Police have been informed that there is not usually any activity at these sites at night. The operators of the sites have informed police that the emergency contact number for a company that is posted on the gate is a good number to call. The company knows if there is supposed to be workers on the site anytime. Keep this number handy so if there is suspicious activity, it can be called immediately. Any suspicious activity should also be reported to police as soon as possible. You can contact Constable Dennis at the Sundre detachment at 403-638-3675. We need to catch these thieves to stop this problem.
POSTED JUNE 11, 2012
- Stolen Quad & Vehicle - Sometime between May 28th and June 9th, a yellow quad with 4 snorkels was stolen from a property near Range Road 270 and Highway 27. A stolen vehicle was also recovered just a few short kilometres away from this property and it is believed that the two cases are related. Please contact the Olds RCMP Detachment with any information at 403-556-3324.
POSTED MAY 28, 2012
- Firecrackers at Horses - Sometime during the evening of Friday May 25th someone (or a group of people) entered a field of horses and was firing firecrackers with intent to scare the horses. One of the horses ran into a fence, cutting its leg open and causing massive injuries requiring numerous stitches and rendering the horse unridable. The horses were located at 33353 Range Road 291. Similar incidents have been occurring for the past two weeks but resulted only in superficial injuries. If you have any information, please call Constable. Brendan WARD at the Olds RCMP detachment at 403-556-3324.
POSTED APRIL 27, 2012
- Fuel Truck Stolen - A Tri axle fuel truck was stolen from the Eagle Hill CO-OP about 2 am on April 26. The Truck was a 2009 Freight liner Tri Axle. Westview CO-OP printed on the tank.
- Office Items Stolen - Items were stolen from the Imperial Oilfield office located at the Junction of Bergen Road and Elkton Road sometime during the morning of April 25th.
- Equipment Vandalized - Several pieces of equipment were vandalized on the Williams Creek Road on the evening of April 25th or morning of April 26th. Williams Creek Road is an access off the Coal Camp Road when entering the forestry just past the Red Deer River Ranch.
- Field Office Yard Broken Into - And the same Imperial Oil field office yard was broken into on the evening of April 25th or morning of April 26th.
- If you have any information on these, please call Constable DENNIS at the Sundre RCMP at 403-638-3675. Thank you for your support of rural crime watch.
POSTED APRIL 24, 2012
- Truck Stolen - Overnight there was a theft of a truck from a location in Olds. The truck was abandoned west of Olds at Range Road 14 and Township Road 340. The suspect may have left the scene on foot. If anyone has any information, please have them contact Constable Brendan WARD at 403-556-3324.
POSTED MARCH 21, 2012
- Bullets Shot - Sometime between February 25 and March 8, 2012 near Range Road 4.3 and Township Road 290, a bullet was shot through the garage of a residence. The bullet possibly came from near the Dog Pound Rodeo grounds. If anyone saw or heard anything, please contact Didsbury RCMP at 403-335-3382.
POSTED MARCH 8, 2012
- Tools & Copper Wire Stolen - Sometime between Monday and Tuesday at a gravel pit near Torrington, over $5,000 worth of tools and copper wire were stolen. The copper was stripped off a gravel washer. The gate to the pit was also broken open. If you have any information on this crime please call Constable Brendan Ward at the Olds RCMP detachment at 403-556-3324.
POSTED JANUARY 5, 2012
- Theft of Diesel - On 2012-01-03 just before 10:00 Drayton Valley RCMP were advised that a property owner on RR 63 had disrupted an apparent theft off diesel from a location near 222 RR 63. A suspect vehicle (Grey/Green Ford pickup with Alta Lic BDP 9906 was observed in the area along with a male and female suspect. The truck was stolen earlier that week from Rocky Mountain House. Vehicle not located yet nor occupants identified.
- Stolen Vehicle - On 2011-01-04 Drayton Valley RCMP received a report of 2001 Dodge Pickup (Black in colour) with a 2009 CAN AM Quad ATV (black) in the back was stolen from a Hotel in Drayton Valley overnight. If any of these descriptions ring a bell please contact the Drayton Valley RCMP at 780-542-4457.
- S/Sgt Brian Jones, NCO i/c Drayton Valley Detachment, Main Office:780-542-4457, Direct Line:780-514-3003
POSTED AUGUST 26, 2011
- Exterior Stone Stolen - Sometime over the night of Saturday August 20 and Sunday August 21, 17 boxes of exterior stone were stolen from a construction site on the legal land of South west 1 30 4, approximately two miles east of Cremona on highway 580. If anyone has any information please contact the Didsbury RCMP at 403-335-3382.
POSTED AUGUST 25, 2011
- Bombardier Stolen - Some time between Thursday evening, July 7th and Monday morning July 11th, 2011, unknown persons entered an unlocked shop on a rural property east of Highway number 2 near the intersection of Township road 304 and Highway 791. A 2004 red Bombardier Traxx 4 wheeler 4x4 was stolen. Police are seeking your assistance in any information you may have involving this crime. Please call the Didsbury detachment at 403-335-3382 if you have any information on this incident or any other concern you have.
POSTED JUNE 27, 2011
- Break-in Attempt - In the early morning hours of May 3, 2011, a rural residence west of RR 2.0 on TWP 314 north of Didsbury had attempted to be broke into. The door handles on two garage doors were attempted to be removed with no luck, no entry was gained into the garage or into the house. Coat hanger left behind, nothing missing from the yard. No other evidence left behind and no witnesses. The home owners didn't hear anything during the night. If you have any information on this incident please contact Cst. MORRISON at the Didsbury RCMP Detachment at 403-335-3382.
POSTED JUNE 13, 2011
- Tools stolen - Sometime over the last month some tools were stolen out of an unlocked shed on a rural property northeast of Rge. Rd 285, just north of Twp. Rd 314. A 4' pry bar blunt end, red fire extinguisher, and a red hydraulic cylinder were taken. Police are seeking your assistance in any information you may have involving this crime. Please call Cst. J.C. Jason DeCoste at the Didsbury RCMP at 403-335-3382.
POSTED JUNE 7, 2011
- Fence post pounder stolen - Sometime over the evening of June 2, 2011 unknown person(s) entered the property of Bumper to Bumper in Cremona and removed a tire lock from a red Wheatheart High End Heavy Hitter fence post pounder. The unit is valued at approximately $13,000. If you see this unit and are asked to purchase one, please contact Cst. WILLARD with the Didsbury RCMP. Alternatively you can also contact Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.
POSTED MAY 12, 2011
- Bear Track Sighting in Bergen - On March 21, 2011, what appeared to be bear tracks were seen 1 km west of the Bergen Store (about 250 feet west from Bergen Party Supply Sign). The tracks went south into dense forest area. (info from local landowner).
POSTED DECEMBER 20, 2010
- Olds area break-in - On October 1, October 16 and November 7, unknown person(s) tampered with and took fuel from equipment on a construction job site on Range Road 265 and Township Road 322 in Olds, Alberta. This has cost the construction company between $2,000 and $3,000 dollars plus time loss for work to fix and get the equipment back to working condition. The incidents happened overnight. Contact Olds RCMP if you have any information or see anything suspicious in the area.
Cst. C. Barbat
POSTED DECEMBER 17, 2010
- Eagle Hill area break-in and theft - Between November 30th, 2010 and December 4th, 2010 at 10 am, one or more persons would have used a 4x4 vehicle to drive around the front gate of a rural property behind the house to a quonset/shed where a tool, likely a crowbar, was used to gain entry through a locked door where items inside were stolen. The items were as follows: Rolling toolbox (2 sections), westward estate sprayer, backpack sprayer, 10 litre jug of herbicide (roundup), 4 - 20 litres of diesel fuel jugs(yellow plastics), 1 - 20 litre gas jug(red plastic), 1 John Deere weedeater, and a set of tools in toolbox. If anyone has any information in regards to this crime, please contact Cst. MEREDITH at the Olds detachment.